Epilogue

Yunho

It was finally Christmas.

Their first Christmas as a complete family. Minji, Gunho, Minho and Mrs. Kate were spending Christmas with the couple at their house.

Mrs. Kate and Gunho were entertaining the three kids by helping them bake christmas cookies and build gingerbread houses. Mingi was out in the city for a while, god knows what he was doing while Yunho and Minji were setting up the gifts and a few decorations on their Christmas tree that needed to be fixed.

"Gunho, help me put the star ontop of the tree." Minji loudly called for her fiancé. You didn't know that did you? Yunho didn't aswell. Matter of fact he only found out a month after he moved back here.

"You know I can't reach the top." Gunho said but still came to the living room.

"Neither can I, if you were planning on asking me." Yunho snorted.

"Why is it even that tall?" Gunho stared at it.

Yunho giggled, "Ask your brother-in-law."

"I wasn't asking you to put it on the top." Minji drawled.

"Then how can I help?"

"Carry me on your shoulder."

"Are you sure I don't-"

"I'm not asking you to, now get down." she demanded and before you knew it, Gunho struggled his way just so he wouldn't drop Minji who was on his shoulder.

Lucky for him, she was quick enough to put the star ontop of the tree. Gunho carefully lets her down, satisfied with her work.

"See? Easy peasy." she proudly showed off.

Gunho shook his head in amusement, kissing her cheek quickly. "Good job superwoman."

She playfully rolled her eyes as the kids came running to them while giggling loudly, "We made cookies!" they said all together, showing off the distorted christmas cookies they made.

"Are they edible?" Minji had to nudge Gunho's side, glaring at him.

Yunho snickered at their bond. Sam running up to him, going on his toes to try grabbing Yunho's christmas sweater, "Hey buddy, what do you have there?"

"Cookie!" he happily showed him his snowman cookie, giving it to him to eat.

"Thank you." he pecked his cheek.

"They mighy not look appealing but they for sure still taste good." Mrs. Kate smiled.

"Oh I was just kidding, no offense." Gunho immediately apologized.

"None taken, son." she reassured him.

Everyone bursted into laughters at his reaction, easing up the mood. Even he started to laugh at himself.

"Where the hell is Mingi, and why is he taking so damn long?" Yunho mentions as they all sat down on the large sofa to watch a christmas movie.

Minji sat down beside Gunho, "You'll see, he'll walk through the door in 3..2..1-"

And exactly on one, the front door unlocked with Mingi entering. His puffy coat made him look two times bigger than he already was. Snow on the crown of his head. He seemed startled by the fact that everyone was gathered in the living room.

"And where have you been?" Yunho stood up with crossed arms, raising an eyebrow at his husband.

Not to mention that he looked extremely suspicious. He had this weird look plastered on his face, arms behind his back and it seemed like he was carrying something heavy.

"What's wrong with you?" Minji frowned at her brother.

"Nothing." he almost stuttered and maybe answered a little too quickly which was so unlike him.

"What's behind your back?" Yunho questioned.

Mingi pressed his lips in defeat as he showed them a large white circular box with a red ribbon ontop of it. He knew he can't hide anything from Yunho.

"What's that?" Gunho curiously asked.

Yunho started to walk towards him as Mingi placed the box on the ground before removing the top of the box. The older lets out a gasp, clasping his hands over his mouth in shock, "Mingi- what- it's a-"

"A golden retriever puppy!!" Gunho squealed at the top of his lungs, catching the children's attention immediately. He sounded more excited than Yunho was.

"Merry Christmas to us!" Mingi cheered as the puppy peeked its head out of the box, stumbling its way out and running right to Yunho's feet.

"A golden retriever.." Yunho mumbled under his breath, still shocked at the random gift. "Mingi don't tell me you got him off of the streets."

Mingi laughed, "Ofcourse not! I adopted him."

"God he's adorable." Yunho smiled, melting at the puppy's cuteness as he crouched down to pet him.

"I randomly saw him one day and I immediately thought of you, I knew I had to get him. Plus you guys look similar!" Mingi explained.

Yunho glanced up at him, "I'm a human and he's a dog."

"I can agree with Mingi." Gunho says, hearts in his eyes as he admired the puppy from behind the couch.

"I can see a piece of you in him." Mingi added.

Sofia came running and started to pet the puppy's stomach,"What's his name?" Sam followed after her, playing with his paws and ears.

"Treasure."

They will always have a special piece of each other. Something that they would always treasure. Maybe the universe wasn't so cruel to him. They had something bigger planned for him and he was forever grateful for staying.

He'll never forget this journey he had in life. With Gunho. With Mingi. Sofia, Sam and the others. And most importantly, himself.

This chapter of Yunho's life will officially be closed. Until then, a piece of you will always be with him.

A piece of you.

The End