Ch. 14 - "You wanna see them?"

A/N:

Chapter contains slight smut!
Boobie inspector Inumaki doing his work!

Thanks for reading!

__________________________________

Sitting in Ieri's Lab the next day, you've never felt more relieved as when she said that your arm was fine again and you wouldn't need no bandages anymore. She still told you to be careful, especially during fights and training, and you promised her to be as cautious as you could. You thanked her again for her help before jumping up the stairs to the main hall, a bright grin on your face.

Immediately bumping into Inumaki and Maki, you waved your arm around with a proud smile. "No more bandages!!" you cheered as Inumaki's eyes lit up. Throwing his arms around your waist, he picked you up for a second before dropping you back down while you laughed. "I'm so glad this shit is gone. I can finally train again and go in missions with you guys!"

And as if the universe heard you, Gojo yelled though the school for all students to meet outside. When the older man spotted you and Inumaki together, he gave you an affirming nod and you smiled at him.

As the other students finally gathered together, Gojo started talking again. "Hey guys, soo, as a way of trying to get our Kyoto and Tokyo students closer together, we've thought of joined missions! The great Utahime-" He pointed to Iori beside him. "And the even greater me-" He pointed to himself with an overconfident smile. "We formed some duos and groups of people who get to execute Curses together over the next few days while being supervised by us! Yay!" He clapped in excitement, clearly expecting the students to join in. Which they obviously didn't, making him frown. "Well, okay, I expected more excitement, ANYHOW we're going to tell you your partners!"

As you were already thinking about who'd you get paired up with, Gojo was already calling your name. "Our first duo iiiiiiissss - Y/N Y/L/N and Toge Inumaki! You'll start tomorrow!" Inumaki and you immediately looked at each other, excitement in your eyes.
"Fuck off, that's so unfair." You heard a voice from the background speak. Obviously Mai. "I'm sorry?" Gojo asked, his brows furrowed. "What makes it unfair to you?" - "They're dating?!"

You knew she just wanted to use this opportunity to leak your "secret". Grabbing Inumaki's hand, you turned to Mai. "And?" you said, shrugging before turning back to Gojo. The few people around you who didn't know before were staring at you, some in excitement, some in disbelief.
"Okay, what the fuck happened in that dressing room?" Kugisaki asked, eyes squinted and you just answered with a shocked look on your face, not expecting her to address this in front of everyone.
Inumaki shook his head before shrugging. "Bonito Flakes." Kugisaki eyes were still squinted when she finally looked back to Gojo, not entirely believing.

Gojo watched over the group in front of him, waiting for a couple seconds if anyone else wanted to add something to the topic. "Okay, now that that's out of the way, the next Trio is Panda, Kasumi and Mai!"
As the teacher kept listing the partners, Inumaki gently squeezed your hand. You looked at him, seeing him smile behind his collar. "Tuna tuna." You returned the smile before nodding. "It's gonna be fun."

When the teachers were finally done, they dismissed you for lunch. All students gathered in the cafeteria, you and Inumaki sitting with Maki, Kasumi, Itadori and Fushiguro. "I still don't know how this even started." Maki stated, pointing her chopsticks at you and Inumaki. You shrugged. "Well, he was acting like a dick to me, and it got on my nerves, so I told him I liked him. That's how." Inumaki looked at with furrowed brows, pointing to himself as he answered with a shocked "Tuna?"
"Yes, you acted like a dick, ignoring me and shit. I only later realised that you were just nervous, and now I think it's cute."
Inumaki pulled the collar of his uniform up to hide his blush. "Wasn't nervous in that dressing room, though." You heard him mumble under his breath, which almost made you choke on your food. This was the first time you've heard a full sentence of him. Thankfully, his voice was low enough for only you to hear.