~Chapter 20~

Leonor

     A week has passed since Gavi had called me. It was early September, and I could already feel the chill in the air from the approaching autumn season.

     The next Barcelona game was tomorrow. My mother and father had granted me and Sofia permission to go. I had messaged Gavi about it, and he had been excited.

     I was a little nervous. We hadn't seen each other in person since he had told me about his feelings. That had been an awkward last meeting.

     I was laying in bed, scrolling through Instagram. My TV was on in the background, and a cup of ice water was sitting on my nightstand. I had an early morning; I would be heading to bed soon. Sofia was sitting in my armchair, her legs stretched over the armrest.

     "I'm exhausted," Sofia groaned into her hand. I suppressed a laugh.

     "Then go to sleep. We have to get up early for the game, you know," I replied.

     "Whatever," she mumbled, leaving my room. This time, she didn't slam the door behind her, and I was proud of that.

     I clicked my TV off and settled under the covers, sipping my ice water. It was pitch black in my room except for the glow coming off of my cell phone.

     All of my friends were busy with who knows what. Chloe and Gio were back in the United States visiting family. Hannah was still in Italy, and Elena was still in France. They had promised to visit me soon, though.

     I settled underneath the covers, shutting my phone off and placing it on the nightstand. The eerie glow of the streetlights outside of my window kept me awake for a bit, before I finally drifted off to sleep.

     I woke up to Sofia shaking me awake. She was sitting beside me, her hair dangling in her face. She looked exhausted, but I could tell she was excited for the game.

     "Wake up, Leonor," she groaned, shoving me harder. The sun was barely coming through my window yet; it was way too early for this.

     I sat up in bed, groaning. Sofia smirked as I did so.

     "Leave," I commanded, pointing out the door. She did so reluctantly.

    I stood to my feet and opened the curtains wide. The sun was barely above the horizon. I groaned groggily and made my way to my closet.

     I found my custom jersey and pulled it on, along with a pair of black jeans. I grabbed a pair of socks and my athletic shoes.

     I brushed out my snarled hair and pulled it up into my signature high ponytail. I applied some light makeup, brushed my teeth and added some golden jewelry. I sprayed some perfume on my pulse points and put some lip gloss on my lips.

     I looked good. I was satisfied.

    The game started at 4:30 PM, so we had to leave early in the morning. Mario was driving us again, but he wasn't coming in to watch the game this time.

     I grabbed my purse, my phone and an unopened bottle of water before shutting the light off and closing the door to my room. I walked past my parents' room; they were still fast asleep.