Chapter 7

During the night, everyone went to bed for the night, including Max in his own bedroom where Vaggie and Charlie finished setting up and decorating it for him. He was a little afraid of sleeping by himself since the room was unfamiliar and things are very unpredictable in Hell.

During midnight, He was in a deep sleep and having one of his trauma nightmares again. Of seeing his mother screaming in pain while being stabbed multiple times as he kept hearing her voice.

"You let him kill me! You let him kill me! You just stood there! I raised you as my own!" Judy shouted as her voice turned into a high pitch of blood.

"Mommy! I'm sorry! Please stop screaming like that!" Max begged as he covered his ears.

Max jolted out of his sleep covered in sweat and felt dry tears coming down his cheeks. He took a few deep breaths to keep calm down and he noticed his brutally stabbed mother standing at the corner. He made a scream and hid under his covers. Vaggie jolted from her sleep and fell off the bed.

"Ow! Shit!" Vaggie shouted as she tried to get up.

"Vaggie. You alright?" Charlie asked as she sat up.

  "I'm fine. But I better check on Max real quick." Vaggie says as she immediately grabs her spear just in case Max was in trouble.

"Max? Are you alright?" Vaggie asked as she headed into the room.

"She's here! She was standing right there!" Max shouted as he pointed.

"Who?" Vaggie asked while confused when she turned the lights on.

  "I just saw my dead mom. She was just standing there." Max explained while terrified.

"I don't see her." Vaggie says as she looks around.

"But..."

"Max, relax. She not here." Vaggie says as she puts her spear away.

"Maybe it's safe if he sleeps with us until his trauma goes away." Charlie suggests as she carries Max to their bedroom.

"Fine with me." Vaggie says as she yawns before following them.

As an hour passed, Vaggie was in deep thought as to what if Max did see someone in his room or could've been an illusion by his trauma. Vaggie quietly got out of bed without waking up Charlie or Max as she saw them peacefully asleep together. She went into Max's bedroom and started looking around. She looked under the bed first and the closet deeply. She was hoping that someone is in the room since she was really concerned that Max's trauma could've been worse than they thought.

She headed back to bed as she tried to figure something out in the morning.

As a new day came to rise, Max was enjoying some pancakes while watching some TV in the main room. He saw a commercial about IMP, and flicked to the news channel as Katie Killjoy and Tom Trench explained some breaking news in Hell.

——————