Chapter 4

Charlie was excited about getting out of the hotel and wanted to spoil Max as she wanted to be close to him as her own child. Vaggie didn't like the idea of taking Max out in public because of many sinners that can do him like the gang shark from the bar that tried to kill him earlier, but she didn't like isolating Max in the hotel either. However, Charlie had an idea that could help.

  "Hey Max, before we go, we do need to make more fit out of the hotel." Charlie says as she carries him to her bedroom.

"Like what? Why can't I just go like this?" He asked.

  "It's for your safety so it won't draw any attention since you are not a sinner." Vaggie explains as she sat him on the chair and faced him to the vanity.

"So I have some makeup that will make you similar to me so it won't draw attention to you." Charlie says as she opens a container of pale color makeup.

"What?! No way! Makeup is for girls!" Max says as he tries to leave.

"Oh come on Max. This is for your safety. If you want to leave the hotel, you have to hide your human features. Besides, Angel wears makeup and he doesn't complain." Vaggie says as she sat him back down.

Max sighed as he had no choice. Charlie got started and started putting some pale makeup around his face and put some extra features to make him look similar to hers.

"You look amazing. Now let's have a little fun outside." Charlie says as she finishes.

"One more thing. A normal jacket hoodie can help conceal his head." Vaggie added as she dressed him.

Later during the late afternoon...

The three were having a time in the shopping district of the city, mostly Charlie as she spent a lot of cash on clothes and toys for Max.

"I think we bought enough for him. No need to spoil him." Vaggie says while holding Max's hand while they were crossing the street.

"Oh come on, Vaggie. He's a special guest and I just want him to feel welcome." Charlie says as she follows.

"Are you sure about that?" Vaggie asked while covering Max's ears for a second.

"It sounds like you want to keep him as your own." She added.

"Well, I do." Charlie confesses.

"That's fine. I'll help you with that." Vaggie says before uncovering Max's ears.

"Something I shouldn't know about?" Max asked.

  "Grown-up talk. Now we should head back. It's about to be dangerous at this late time." Vaggie suggested.

"But it's only six. We should have some more fun before heading home." Charlie protested.

"Can we go somewhere to eat?" Max suggests.

"Sure, let's drop our stuff into our limo real quick and get some dinner. I know a special place to eat at." Charlie says with excitement while dropping their purchases into the trunk and drove to their destination.

The restaurant they headed was very popular, mainly for the overlords, or above tiers. Max never ate out much in nice restaurants before and doesn't know any specific silverware to use or manners. However, Vaggie was patient as she taught him the basics on how. She told him to put his napkin on his lap, and what silverware to use on what dish he could be getting. He got the hang of it before many waitresses came to their table and served him many dishes on their table. Max was surprised about the service they were given, but he never knew that Charlie is actually the princess of hell yet. Max received a plate of steak and tried to cut it for a bite until Vaggie helped him out on cutting his steak for him. He smiled and started eating.