Chapter 2

During the long walk to The Hazbin Hotel, Max finally stopped crying as he fell asleep in Vaggie's arms after 15 minutes of the trek. She kept walking down the path as she finally made it to the front door and headed inside.

"Charlie?" Vaggie called while she was in the lobby.

No response as Vaggie assumed that Charlie was out for errands or finding ways to get her hotel going. Just then, Alastor appears in front of Vaggie with his usual smile.

  "Well, Vaggie what do you have here? Looks like you found a guest for us already." He says while examining Max.

——————

——————

"Shh, Not so loud. Where is Charlie? This is an emergency." Vaggie asked.

  "She had gone to have a chat with Adam about reasoning with him about her idea. She won't be back in a while. I say, this child is not even in his sinner form. He is still alive for some reason." Alastor says with interest.

  "Yeah, luckily I was in the right place at the right time to save his life. I better go treat his injuries." Vaggie says as she heads upstairs.

"Let me help. I have some powers for his treatment." Alastor says as he follows her.

They headed to the master bedroom and Vaggie started stitching the horrible cut on Max's cheek while Alastor used his powers of magically wrapping bandages around his remaining injuries.

  "I think he will be alright now. I wonder how Charlie will react about our guest?" Alastor asked with interest.

"She will be overjoyed at first having a sweet child around. I just hope she and the others won't scare him. He went through enough trauma by horrible people that tried to hurt him in the city." Vaggie says as she puts the covers over Max.

"I sense this child went worse than that, but I shouldn't say the details yet." Alastor says before he leaves the room.

Vaggie got concerned about what he said, but puts it in the back of her mind, while she leaves the room.

As time passed, Max was having a dream that soon turned into a nightmare as he saw his mother Judy alive, but with the stab wounds all over her body. Max couldn't stand what he was seeing in front of him.

"Why didn't you save me, Max?" Judy asked.

"I didn't know, I... thought..." Max tried to explain.

"You let him kill me Max. You let him kill me!" Judy shouted as blood started to pour out of her eyes.

"Mommy! I tried!" Max shouted as starting crying his tears out.

Judy's body then turns to ash as he sees Royce evilly laughing at him.

"Enjoy Hell." He says as he went at him with a knife.

Max jolted out of his sleep fast and grabbed his chest because he thought Royce stabbed him in his dream. He looked around and noticed he was in some huge fancy bedroom and looked at himself as if his injuries were wrapped in bandages and felt his cheek stitched together. He attempted to get out of the huge bed and headed to the door, but it was locked.