Chapter 1

The next morning, Renamon was making some breakfast for her and Max. She knows that he has a real obsession with her signature chocolate chip pancakes that she wanted to make sure he has a good morning. Max was in a deep sleep in the guest room until Renamon quietly came in to wake him up.

"Time to get up Max. It's a great day." She says as she rubs his back.

"Ten more minutes." Max quietly says while he pulls the covers over him.

"Guess I'll eat those chocolate chip pancakes myself." Renamon teased as she pretended to walk out of the room.

   Max jumped out of bed immediately and headed to the kitchen fast. Renamon giggled and followed him. She made him a plate, and poured some syrup for him on his pancakes. Renamon then called Max's mother, to see what time she was coming to pick her up.

"Hey Judy. Just wondering what time you are coming to pick him up?" Renamon asked.

"I'll be right there at 8." The mother says before she hangs up.

"She hung up on me..." Renamon quietly said while a little angered.

   As an hour passed, Max's mother finally arrived and rang the doorbell. Renamon immediately answered and let her in.

—--------------

Judy

(I don't own this image)

—-------------

"Max! Your mom is here!" Renamon called.

"Coming!" Max shouted as he grabbed his backpack.

"Was Max trouble for you?" Judy asked as she paid Renamon for his babysitting.

"No. I enjoyed his company and he was well behaved." Renamon explains.

"Good. Come on Max." Judy says as she grabbed his hand and took him to the car.

   Renamon saw them leave, and was concerned, but believed that Max will be okay from the time being.

   During the drive back, it was quiet while Judy was focused on driving through the heavy traffic back home. Max was quiet while he was in his car-seat bored out of his mind.

"Hey, mom." He called.

"Yes Max?" Judy asked.

"Can we do something fun today?" He asked.

"Not today. I'm am going to have some company over tonight, and I want you to be on your best behavior."

"But mom, we never do anything together." Max spoke with a little sadness.

"Max, I'm tired and working my ass off so we can have a roof over our head. So be understanding that my time is limited, ok?"

"Alright..." Max quietly says.