The Healing

Travis opened the drawer and saw the shirt, pants, and boxers that were definitely not his and his heart sank to his feet. He needed air. He walked to the conjoined bathroom and gripped the edge of the counter. He knew Taylor was committed to him. So why did this upset him so badly? He could think of so many reasons.
1. Exactly who did they belong to?
2. Why did she still have them?
3. Jealousy. Jealous that there have been other men in her life.
4. Self-doubt. Was he good enough in her eyes?
5. Why did she react that way?

Oh God, Taylor. Last he saw her she was sinking to the ground in what he can now realize as a panic attack. He bolted out of the bathroom and snagged a blanket off the bed on the way back to the closet. She still laid on the floor. Not sobbing as much anymore, but still crying. Knees to the chest, curled in a ball as small gasps of air tried to find her lungs. Travis ran over to her and wrapped her in the blanket trying to stop the trembling her sobs forced. Travis rubbed her back as tears slipped down his face. This all felt very dramatic for them both for just finding some men's clothes in her drawer. This felt like something more- relationship trauma on both ends.

Taylor instantly relaxed under his firm touch rubbing her back. He didn't leave. He's still here. She calmed her breathing and forced herself to sit up. Eyes puffy, swollen, and still leaking. She spit out "I didn't know they were still there." Travis looked over with the same bloodshot eyes and nodded in understanding. "I think we have something bigger to discuss than a couple articles of clothing." Taylor was confused. What else had she done? There was something bigger than the clothes?! She didn't understand. He sensed her confusion and explained. "I don't want any words or actions I do have you panic the way you just did. Are you okay? I'm not mad. I'm confused and seeing men's clothes that weren't mine made me upset, sure, but that doesn't mean it was at you." Taylor stared at him wordlessly and blinked a few times trying to process what he was saying.

It was no secret Travis was her thirteenth boyfriend, she's been in her fair share of relationships- none really considered her emotional well-being during arguments and disagreements. One belittled her little by little for so long she forgot how to feel. One made her feel stupid for her feelings. One often hit her when he got upset. But it all ended the same, they would just leave. Whether it was for the night, the week, or forever.

"I'm so sorry Travis. So sorry." Is all Taylor could muster. "Taylor," Travis began- Taylor taken back by him actually calling her Taylor instead of one of his outer names- "why are there other guys clothes in your closet when we've been together, really together, for six months?" He asked with hurt. Taylor let a tear fall. "I really forgot they were there. I'm ashamed to admit, I don't know whose they are. Could be Matty or Joe. They were back to back so I'm just not sure" she said with silent tears slipping down her face unable to look at him. "I do understand your words Taylor, really I do. I just hate that I found them. I hate that other guys have loved you and broke you at the same time and made you panic the way you did. I hate that my ex made me feel like as soon as I found those clothes that I wasn't good enough for you." Taylor looked at him when he was finished and smiled. "Aren't we the dramatic, trauma filled pair?" She leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I'm sorry they were there and I forgot to throw them out. They have no attachment to me whatsoever. You are the only one, and you always will be. I pinky promise." She held out her pinky and smiled as Travis threw his back against the closet wall and smiled at the ceiling- blushing. He took her pinky in his and grabbed her face with his other hand softly and kissed her lips tenderly. She melted and moaned at his touch. He slowly guided her off the floor never ceasing his kiss. He easily picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist. Travis made his way to the bed.

He lowered her gently. He decided in this moment he was going to make LOVE to Taylor Swift. No big role play, no hot and sweaty, he was going to take his time and make sure she felt how much he loved her. He wanted her to know panic attacks would cease after today if he had anything to do with it. "I'm going to go agonizingly slow when I make love to you beautiful. I want you to know I'm not going anywhere. So relax, you'll be here a while." Taylor moaned at his words. No guy had ever offered to make sure she felt loved and cherished the way Travis has.

Travis started at her legs. He slowly kissed up her legs as his hands roamed up her thighs. He nipped at her thighs and traveled up towards her stomach. He made sure to cover every inch of her skin in feathery tender-like kisses. Once he made it to her neck he made sure to leave his mark on the side of her neck- her first ever hickey. He nipped her ears, sending her to the edge. Once he knew she was there he finished her slowly, yet passionately. Enough that when they were finished, a tear slipped down Taylor's face. Never feeling more loved then she did right there. Both drifted off to sleep knowing that the pile of men's clothes sitting in the closet that weren't Travis' were the farthest thing from either of their minds.