Companion

Chapter 3

She glared at him, but then her eyes widened like she just realized what he said, "wait really?" 

"Sure." Sherlock shrugged immediately regretting it.  

"Awesome!" She smiled brightly. 

"Are you sure you're up for it?" Sherlock said trying to change her mind, "it will be dangerous. Being with me will only put your life in danger. You'll have to run, a lot. Learn to sleep in the day and live in the night." 

Toni scoffed, "I hardly sleep anyway. Sleep distracts me from doing other stuff." 

Sherlock arched an eyebrow, "other stuff?" 

"Yeah, I'm 15. This world is filled with things to do. Better start now." Sherlock couldn't help but slightly smile. This girl acted like she didn't care about anything. She acted tough, but Sherlock knew what that meant. He remembered someone once told him 'Those who no longer care once cared too much'. But she saved his life. So she wasn't all that bad. Sherlock stared to challenge her more, seeing how tough she really was, "you just got off a plane. Shouldn't you be starving?"  

She shrugged, "I'll be fine for a while."  

"What about your parents? I'm sure they'll worry." Toni sighed. She reached into her pocket and took out her mobile. She handed it to him, "look at the screen, tell me what you see." Sherlock turned it on. He saw a drawing of a bleeding heart, the lock screen. He saw the date and time, but nothing else, "nothing." He replied.  

"Exactly." She said back, "no new messages, no new voicemails. No new nothing. It's been 12 hours since I left and no one has noticed." She leaned back in her chair and folded her arms, annoyed. Sherlock sort of knew how she felt. When he was a child he was always ignored, he was the odd one out. He wouldn't speak for days, so people thought he wasn't there. But they didn't bother searching for him. He grew up getting used to it, to being the person everyone hated. When his brother had his friends over they would pick on him and insult him, but Sherlock didn't care. He didn't bother running away because he knew no one would notice.  

Sherlock handed back her phone, "you might want to get rid of this, it's easy to track."  

She grinned and stuck it in her pocket, "don't worry. I got this." They got up and started walking down the street. Sherlock asked her, "who I right?" 

Toni looked up at him, "what?" 

"My deduction. Was I correct?" 

She sighed, "my dad is a famous director, so yeah my family is super rich. I have three older brothers and a younger sister. My parents give them all the attention. They always say to me 'why can't you be more like them?' And all that crap. I flew in from LA. so yeah I'm jet lagged." Sherlock nodded, proud of himself.  

"So where are we going?" She asked him.  

"Well first we need to go to St. Bartholomew's Hospital. I have to do something." Toni nodded. They continued to walk down the streets with their heads down. Once in a while they would run into an ally and scale up the buildings. Toni threw her phone into a dumpster.  

"Are you sure you're not going to miss it?" Sherlock said glancing at her.  

She scoffed, "yeah right. Like anyone's gonna be texting me." They smiled and started to run. They ran along the streets and buildings together, as if they had for their entire life.

__________________________ 

You guys like it? I thought it would be cool for Sherlock to find someone kind of like him. Well I'm not sure when I'll put up 4. This is it for now! 

-JM