Hello Molly

Chapter 4

"Molly!" Sherlock called as he bursted through the doors into the lab.  

Molly jumped a little in surprise, "Sherlock! What are you doing here? You were supposed to stay out of sight!"  

Sherlock shrugged, "I got bored." Molly looked over and saw Toni who was checking out the tools in the lab, mostly the sharp ones, "who is this?" Molly asked looking over at her.  

"Oh!" Sherlock exclaimed as if he just remembered she was here, "this is Toni, my..." Friend? No. Sherlock struggled to find the right word.  

"Companion?" Toni tried.  

"Yes. My companion. She will be helping me." He said not feeling like explaining anything. Molly walked over to her to shake her hand, "hello, I'm Molly Hooper." She held out her hand but Toni just gave her an up nod, "Toni Martin." And continued to observe the sharp objects.  

Molly put her hand down and turned to Sherlock, "so! What do you need?" 

Sherlock turned to her, "I need a fake ID, in case anyone asks for it from me. You're good with that stuff right?"  

"I don't think I can..." She started to say, but Sherlock stared into her eyes which made her blush, "I mean... I'll try." Sherlock gave her a charming smile which made her face turn bright red. She rushed over to a computer and started typing, when she turned away Sherlock's smile faded and turned into an expression of annoyance. He looked over at Toni who was trying not to laugh, she mouthed the words, "awesome acting" and gave him a thumbs-up. Sherlock smiled to himself. Toni started to take a bunch of tools and started to try to put them together, as if trying to invent a weapon of some sort. Sherlock watched as her face went into deep concentration while she worked. "Seems to me that someone's had a crappy childhood" he remembered her say. He smirked as he thought to himself "look who's talking". The way she was so focused in doing a small thing like this told Sherlock that she had a lot of free time which she spend building or inventing things. When she just threw away her phone without hesitating said clearly that she had no friends. Obviously. If she had a contact list full of people she would've never let go of her phone, much less leave her life and follow a sociopath. She looked up and Sherlock realized he was staring, he quickly looked away.  

"Hey dude! You got duck tape or glue in this place?" She asked Molly.  

Molly looked over her shoulder, "I think there's some in the office down the hall, but I really don't think you should-" 

"Thanks." And Toni was out the door before anyone could say anything else. Molly sighed, "how did she become your companion?" She asked Sherlock.  

"Long story." He replied not in the mood for conversation. He walked over to what Toni was working on. It didn't look like much, just a small throwing star. He could see that I could fold into a small knife, that could come in handy.  

"Don't touch it." Toni said as she walked in with a roll if duck tape. Sherlock stepped back as she started to make a small case for the knife. She wrapped it around it and stuffed it in her pocket. She looked up at him, "building stuff. Sort of a hobby of mine."  

A while latter Molly handed Sherlock an ID, "there you go! Your name's John Smith and you're 36 years old." She smiles proud of herself.  

Sherlock made a disgusted face at the name, "dull, but it will do." He jerked his head to the side and started to walk out the door, "come along." Toni followed behind him.  

Molly watched as they left, "glad I could help..." She said softly.  

They ran out and into the streets.  

"So where now?" Toni asked him.  

"Out of town, we need to find Sebastian Moran." 

"Shouldn't we take a cab? We're in the middle of London." 

"No, we can't draw any attention to ourselves. The last thing I want is some cabbie recognizing me."  

Toni nodded. Then she asked him, "why can't you go to anyone for help? I understand why you can't go to your friend, but why no one else?"  

Sherlock was silent for a moment, then he finally said, "I died. At least that's what people think. I faked my death to save my friends. I'm pretty sure someone would not take it well if they saw someone who was supposed to be dead."  

Toni nodded, "you must love them then. Willing to die to keep someone safe. Must be someone important." 

Sherlock's heart sunk as he thought about John. He loved him so much, but he had to make him believe he was dead. He was important, "he most certainly was." 

__________________________ 

Hope you liked it! Please tell your friends about my fanfic. It would mean so much to me if I got like 20 reads. Not sure when 5 will get here but it will soon!  

-JM