Chapter 44

A/n: Nagagalit na po saken ang Manang heuheuheuhe char 

Fred regained consciousness in a large room, the surroundings dim and unnaturally cold. He was tied to a chair, his hands and feet bound tightly, and he tried to survey the entire area. Despite his condition, he couldn't deny the rising feelings of anxiety and anger.

"I can't let this happen," he whispered to himself, his mind racing for a way to escape.

As he scanned his surroundings, he noticed various items scattered around—disheveled equipment and documents lying carelessly. In the distance, long shadows loomed from the windows. Before he could continue his thoughts, Alessandra Scarlatti suddenly appeared, a wicked grin plastered on her face as she leaned against the wall, seemingly delighted.

"Welcome to my little trap, Fred," she said, her voice laced with glee. "I want you to know that I'm the reason you were taken from your wedding. Now, you belong to me."

Fred narrowed his eyes at her. "What the hell are you talking about? I'm not going to marry you."

Alessandra chuckled, moving closer, her eyes glowing with excitement. "Oh, but I think you have no choice. The Marcos family, known for being vampires, is weakened by the copper compound I used in the smoke bomb. My plan is working perfectly, isn't it?"

Before Fred could respond, Felicia Scarlatti, Alessandra's mother and the leader of the Scarlatti Syndicate, entered the room. She held an air of authority that demanded respect. "Ah, Fred Drachen. I see my daughter has introduced herself. Allow me to elaborate on our plan."

Felicia paced slowly, her eyes glinting with malice. "We kidnapped you as bait, hoping your beloved Imee would come to rescue you. You see, we didn't kill your mother and sisters over some triangle love involving your father, Stefan. No, it was because the Drachen Mafia refused to collaborate with the Scarlatti Syndicate. I ordered the Falcone Brothers to take them out."

Fred's blood boiled at her words. "You murdered them for that? You're a monster!"

"Perhaps," Felicia replied with a smirk. "But your pain only strengthens our resolve. The Marcos blood runs thick, and we intend to harness it. Your father-in-law, Ferdinand Marcos, is one of our most successful subjects. He escaped our clutches, destroying the very facilities that turned him into a vampire. But we made a mistake thinking that his blood could not be passed on to others."

"What do you mean?" Fred demanded, his mind racing.

Felicia continued, "He created a safeguard. No matter what we do, no one can become a vampire unless the host wishes it. His blood flows through his family, making it impossible for us to replicate our experiments. That's why we need you."

Alessandra, still clinging to Fred's arm, looked at him with a delusional gaze. "You'll see, Fred. The Scarlatti Syndicate has captured the ruthless Drachen of the underground city which is you. So you'll be mine."