Chapter 1

Co-written By lonerlove1

Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of my very loud family. "Come on Mimi, we're going to be late for school," screams my younger brother, Joey. I groan, turn over and start to fall asleep again when a pillow comes flying towards my face. I growl and throw the pillow back at my annoying older brother, Xander.

He laughs and says, "Next time I have to wake you up, it won't be with water."

I growl again and pull myself out of bed to get ready for school. I went to my bathroom and did my regular morning routine. I took a quick shower, fixed my long, curly, dark brown, and put on a simple t-shirt, jeans, and my favorite black converse.

"Breakfast is ready!" my mom shouted.

Thank goodness we didn't live in the packhouse because she would have woken up the whole pack.

I head down for breakfast and was welcomed by the boys fighting, and my friend Brooklyn. I sigh and hug her, saying good morning and then slump down in the seat next to her. "Why are my brothers so annoying?" I ask dramatically as she dreamily looks at my older brother, Xander. "I don't know Mimi... I think one of them is pretty hot," she said, then winks seductively to my older brother Xander and smirks.

Xander looked up from his computer screen and locked eyes with his mate from the opposite side of the room. He smirked at her and got up from his seat, slowly walking towards her.

"I hope you're talking about me, love, or you're gonna make me have to hurt my own little brothers."

"Hm...I don't know...they're all pretty adorable," she said, smirking.

He growled once again and pulled her up to him. He plants a kiss on her lips and she immediately pulls him down, kissing him back. I rolled my eyes and looked away from the sight in order to prevent myself from throwing up.

I pull out my phone and blast some music so I don't end bitch slapping someone across the room. As I'm listening to one of my playlists, I'm interrupted by my mom screaming at my brothers.

"Joey, get off of your brother!" my mom called from the kitchen as she tried to get past them with food in her hands.

"He shouldn't have started something he couldn't finish," Joey mumbled, smirking.

"Well you shouldn't have taken my phone and texted my ex-girlfriend," James growled.

They continued to fight in the middle of the dining room entrance when suddenly my dad came out of nowhere and got in the middle of the boys and grabbed both by the ears.

"Now look here you two, when mom says to cut it out you stop immediately. Got that?" he said, leaning close to both of them.

With their eyes squinted in pain they nodded.

My other two brothers, Michael and Xander laughed at James and Joey getting in trouble yet again. They just can't seem to learn their lesson. Once everyone was settled down we all ate and laughed with each other. The conversation then led to my father's alpha duties.

"Now Xander, I want you to know that we have to rethink the patrols. Way too many unauthorized wolves are getting into the territory. I need new arrangements by tomorrow and make a copy for the head warrior. Not to mention your meeting with the current beta and your future beta about the Yellowstone Pack."

I felt my hands form fists, uncomfortable with the mention of our enemy. We have been in a stand-off with them for like two months now. The alpha of that pack is hostile and has taken down a horrifying number of packs over a span of three years. Our pack has tried to make peace with him before, but he seems hell-bent on causing destruction to our pack member's lives, and we haven't even done anything.

My thoughts are interrupted by Xander's ridiculously loud voice.

"Wait, you? Why are you saying to you? Are you not coming to the meeting? Are you ok? "

My father smiled, "The time for you to take my place as alpha is coming, son. You've proven yourself ready to hear the decisions we make for the good of the pack. You're twenty years old Xander, I trust you. You're ready. Besides, I and your mother need some... alone time. We're going out of town for the week"

I saw my brother beam with pride as he puffed out his chest slightly. I fought the urge to smile too, I know how hard he worked for our father's approval. He'd stay up all night studying the laws of our pack, he would train non-stop to be the greatest, and he tries to learn all he can about our pack's history. I hate to admit it, but if he were alpha a little early I just might trust him.

The clock tells us it's time to head out for school but of course, my brothers aren't quite ready yet.

"Guys if you're not downstairs and in the driveway in five minutes, I'm leaving without you!" I call annoyed.

Brooklyn laughed at me but I was still trying to rally up my brothers. Brooklyn and I had a very important benchmark that we could NOT miss.

"C'mon Mimi you'll be fine, you're basically a genius!" Brooklyn said, putting her arms across my shoulder.

"I know, but I swear one of these days, I will kick my brothers' asses."

Joey, James, and Michael came running towards the car and as soon as they were an arm-length away, I started to move the car. They yelled for me to stop, but I kept going while Brooklyn and I were crying laughing. I stopped at the end of the street and parked the car. My brothers sprinted from the house and got in, glaring daggers at Brooklyn and I. We were still trying to catch our breath after they got in.

"So not cool, dude," yelled Joey.

"Hey, I told you I needed to go. You guys are lucky I even stopped in the first place. Now put your seatbelts on, I don't need another ticket because of you idiots."

And on that note, we took off and headed to school.