101

The 766th Troop Family Compound is independent.

It is about 20 kilometers away from the camp.

At nine o'clock in the morning in early July, the scorching sun was already high in the sky.

Several military dependents wore sun hats, carried vegetable baskets, and walked out of the vegetable field, chatting and laughing.

The topic ranged from her tomatoes being redder and sweeter, to your lettuce being crispier, to whose loofah had flowers for pollination...

When they passed a unit building, the woman with a round face stopped the topic first and asked curiously: "I heard from my old Yu that the new leader of the group has been reported and the house has been allocated, so why hasn't he moved in yet?"

As soon as this was said, the others subconsciously looked up at the empty house on the second floor.

Then someone asked the woman with a round face curiously: "Xiu Fen, I heard that the new regiment commander is quite young. Your battalion commander Yu should have met him, right? What did he say? Is he easy to get along with?"

Wang Xiu Fen sighed: "I have met him. After all, he is my future superior... We didn't say a few words. He is not young, 35 years old, but..." At this point, she glanced at the empty room on the second floor.

Several people urged: "But what?"

Seeing that everyone's curiosity was aroused, Wang Xiu Fen did not keep it a secret. As she walked home, she said: "But he didn't climb to the regiment level at this age. I heard that he has been in the position of a regular regiment for six or seven years."

"Wow! He is a capable person... I guess he is just here to get some money." Someone with a clear mind immediately pointed it out.

Wang Xiufen agreed: "My old Yu also said so... Alas, the more capable people are, the harder it is to get along with them. I'm afraid the days ahead will be difficult."

Hearing this, several women looked at each other, and someone muttered: "Take care of yourself first. I don't know what kind of personality the sister-in-law of the regiment commander is. Don't be like the one in front."

This is referring to the former sister-in-law of the former regiment commander who just transferred to a new job and left a few days ago... She is simply a typical example of not taking advantage but suffering losses.

Thinking of this, several people frowned and instantly lost interest in chatting. Just when they were about to disperse and go home, they heard the sound of the engine roaring.

"This is... Speak of the devil, and the devil will appear?" Turning back, looking at the military jeep and military truck parked not far away under the unit building, Wang Xiufen muttered.

"Let's go! We'll know if it's a human or a ghost!"

"What ghost or not? That's nonsense. Don't let anyone catch us."

"I know, I know... hurry up, many people are watching, don't miss out on a good seat."

"If you don't know, you might think we're watching a movie..." Although they complained like this, they didn't slow down and soon merged into the crowd.

=

On the other side.

Huo Xiao pulled out the key and looked at his wife sitting in the passenger seat. Seeing that her lips were a little pale, he worriedly reminded her: "Don't worry, I'll help you."

As soon as he finished speaking, he got out of the car, and regardless of the curious military family members who surrounded him, he went straight to open the passenger door.