20

The second day of the Chinese New Year is the day for married daughters to return to their parents' home.

Hu Xiu is also a daughter of a married couple. Although her parents are gone, her brothers and sisters who take care of her are still here.

So not only did Hu Ting need to return to her parents' home on this day, but Hu Xiu also had a schedule.

However, she was not on the same route as the Hu family, and she had to take the twins with her, so she couldn't go alone.

So at dawn, Huo Xiao rode the bicycle he had borrowed from Minister Hu, first sent his mother and the twins, and then paid New Year's greetings to his uncle and aunt.

Fortunately, the Hu family was also in a nearby village, and it took less than two hours to go back and forth.

What made Huo Xiao laugh and cry was that when he got home at around seven o'clock, his wife was still curled up on the kang and hadn't gotten up.

If it were normal, he would just let her stay in bed, after all, it was cold and there was nothing wrong with getting up.

But today was the first time for him as a son-in-law to come to the house, so he couldn't be too late.

So he had to ruthlessly dig her out of the warm bed...

There are two daughters in the Lu family this generation.

The eldest daughter Lu Lu, who married to the next town, is going to give birth in the next few days.

Lu Shengli and Li Taohua went to see the baby in person before the New Year with their things, and told her not to travel on the second day of the Chinese New Year.

The second daughter's marriage had many twists and turns, but now she finally got her wish. It was the first time that her son-in-law, who was a military officer, came to her house. The family started to get busy early in the morning, killing chickens and stewing soup, chopping fish and cooking...

"Why hasn't he arrived yet? It's almost nine o'clock." After Li Taohong urged her youngest son to go out and check the situation for the eighth time without success, she sent someone to check again.

Lu Hong didn't mind the trouble and ran out again and again.

Don't get me wrong, he didn't go for his second sister, but for his second brother-in-law.

Young people who yearn for the outside world and the military camp think that soldiers are heroes!

Seeing this, although Lu Shengli, who was polishing furniture for a customer, was also anxious, he still took the time to comfort his wife: "You also know that it's not even nine o'clock yet. Tingting gets up at seven o'clock. She won't be that fast."

Li Taohong knew this, but she was anxious, so she rolled her eyes at her husband: "You are the only smart one!"

Lu Shengli, who was often criticized, didn't feel any pain or itch. He just smiled and went back to work.

Seeing this, Lu Wei, who was helping his father and elder brother, joked: "I guess there are too many gifts, and they are slow because they can't carry them. Mom, just wait for your daughter and son-in-law to be filial."

Sure enough, Li Taohong was immediately amused: "You are right, I don't care about any big gifts, as long as the couple is happy!"

This is true, as parents, there are always endless worries.

Especially the son-in-law who has never met, I don't know how he treats the girl?

If it wasn't difficult to visit the in-laws on the first day of the new year, she would have gone to see them yesterday.