Staying Together

Lynn's pov

I carried Nezuko-Chan inside the mansion for Lady Tamayo. Just as we were entering the house, I saw Tanjiro-Kun seated next to the destroyed demon. His back was turned to me, though I could tell he was remorseful and felt pity for the demon, thanks to his aura. 'Your heart is too big for your own good Tanjiro-Kun. And yet again, one of the Kamado's remind me of my angel Ashley.' (Ashley is platonic to Lynn, so don't start shipping them).

I left Nezuko-Chan in Lady Tamayo's care. The three left to the basement as the sun was about to rise. I came through the room with the unconscious woman from before. 'Surprising that she managed to stay asleep through all of that. If only the slightest sound didn't wake me at night.' In truth I struggled to sleep in general. The smallest sound would awake me. Even after I came here, even at Urokodaki-Sans estate. Just Tanjiro-Kun turning over in his bed would wake me up for a few minutes before drifting off to sleep.

As I peaked through the black curtains, I witnessed the sun peaking over the fence. It lightened up the grass at the front of the house. The dismembered demon finally disintegrated in the sun light. She was gone much quicker than the demon with eyes on his hands.

I then left to attend to the demons residing in the basement. I joined them and waited for Tanjiro-Kun.

(Short time skip)

After what I was sure was about an hour, I heard Tanjiro-Kun's voice. "Miss Tamayo? Lynn?" He called out to us. I walked up the stairs. "We're over here Tanjiro-Kun," I replied to him. My voice was hushed and softer than I had intended. I walked down the stairs to join the four demons. (Four of you count the demon that's looked in the basement). "You don't have to join, but if you want to than hurry it up." Yushiro-Kuns voice was uncaring and annoyed as he lead me over to sit down with beside Lady Tamayo. He was much gentler than I thought he would be, hardly even touching my hand as he guided me. This I'm ok with, I trusted him enough to allow him this much.

  "Yushiro," Lady Tamayo scolded. I heard foot steps and looked over to see Tanjiro-Kun at the entry way. Nezuko-Chan dashed over to Tanjiro-Kun upon his arrival. "Nezuko!" Tanjiro-Kun said enthusiastically as he hugged her. "I thought it best to get her down to the basement before day break. The sunlight won't reach us here." Lady Tamayo stated. I walked closer to them until I was close enough to pat Tanjiro-Kuns head, which I did. "You did great out there.. Tanjiro." I was testing saying hai name with no honorifics to see his reaction. He seemed surprised and oddly pleased at the same time.

  "Nezuko, Tanjiro-Kun called out to the female demon. She rushed over toward the other demons. Once she reached Lady Tamayo she hugged her. This startled Lady Tamayo, and I could practically see steam come out of Yushiro-Lun's ears. His eye twitched a few times before he yelled at her. "What are you doing! Get away from Lady Tamayo! That's rude!" "Calm down Yushiro, I don't mind at all." As she hugged Lady Tamayo she reached out  and patted Yushiro-Kuns head. 'Oh he's not going to like that at all.' I then reached over to Tanjiro-Kun and pulled him into a half hug. As if on cue Yushiro-Kun began swatting away Nezuko-Chana hand, but she refused to give in.

Tanjiro's pov

  'She's Hugging Me?! OMG SHES ACTUALLY HUGGING ME!! Why is her skin so soft and delicate?! Her skin has patched that are darker than other parts, they all seem to make a pattern or a design. Every pattern is so unique and beautiful.' I was hugging Lynn's side as she had her right arm around me. Her left hung loosely at her side. Even though it wasn't a complete hug, it was still magical.

  Lady Tamayo's voice brought me form my thoughts of Lynn. "It's strange, she's been acting like this ever since she woke up. Do you think she is alright?" Lynn and I walked over to them slowly, I refused to break the contact as we walked. "There's nothing to worry about, she's just fine." I informed her. We were a foot from the three now. "If I had to guess, I'd say she sees you as part of our family." I suggested. "Knock it off!" Yushiro-Kun growled at my sister. "Family?" Lady Tamayo repeated, questionably.

  She then questioned what I had just said. "But wait, I thought the hypnosis that Nezuko was under only allowed her to see humans as family. And Yushiro and I are demons. Though, she clearly sees Lynn as someone close to her and she's not human, but I can tell that it's not quite family that she feels. More like a close friend, or someone she can trust, at least towards Lynn.." I was slightly shocked. 'Of course, how could I not realize? She's more attached to Lynn than she is to any other human we've seen so far.'

  "I said stop!" Yushiro was still trying to keep Nezuko at bay. "Not to Nezuko, at least not to you guys. You two are as human as anyone to her. That's why she wanted to protect you." I related to Lady Tamayo. I needed to share a little more, so I opened myself up to the group in this room. "You know, neither me nor Lynn liked the thought of the hypnosis at first-." "I still don't like it." She interrupted me. "But she still seems to have a will for her own so.." I ignored Lynn's comment.

  When I looked up I saw a few tears slide out of Lady Tamayo's eyes. This caused me t freak out a little, I broke the contact with Lynn before waving my hands around and speaking. "I-I'm so sorry! Nezuko! S-step away from her!" Lady Tamayo hurried her face in Nezuko's shoulder. The words that came from her mouth shocked me, "Thankyou. Thankyou so much Nezuko!" We alls end to calm down and stand there astonished at the sight of Lady Tamayo and Nezuko hugging.

Lynn's pov

  After Lady Tamayo got her tears out, Nezuko walked back over and joined us. Lady Tamayo was the first to speak up. "Me and Yushiro will be leaving this region. We've gotten too close to Kibutsuji. Its had become too dangerous for us to stay here, we need a new place to hide." She then looks down in sadness. "Besides, I think I can no longer hide my identity. After treating so many humans, I'm sure one of them has figured out I'm a demon. Children and the elderly are especially perceptive." 'It's true, most of Ashley's senses are on par with my own. Despite her almost never needing to fight before.'

  "So Tanjiro.." she turned and looked directly at Tanjiro-Kun. "To protect Nezuko, would you like us to take care of her as we move?" Everyone in the room was shocked, 'I can't lose Nezuko, I'm getting way too attached to her for my own good.' "Since Lynn's closer to a demon then she appears to be as a human." Lady Tamayo looked into my eyes, her purple eyes clashing by with my ugly blue ones, they remind me too much of my father. "I was wondering if you'd like to accompany us as well?" Yushiro seemed slightly less annoyed by this, which was odd for her character. 'It's probably because I respect her boundaries far more than the other two.' At least, that's what I find to be the most logical answer.

  "Obviously I can't promise your safety, but it will be a lot less dangerous than engaging in battle." She promised us. Tanjiro-Kun looked down to the ground, contemplating this. Nezuko-Chan noticed his hesitation and took his hand in her own in an attempt to comfort him. He smiled brightly at her. He bowed to Lady Tamayo. "Miss Tamayo, thank you for your concern." He lifted himself up from the bowing position. "But Nezuko and I stay together. We're a team after all." "I understand. And you Lynn." She turned to me. "I'm afraid I must look for my friends, that has been my goal for the past few years. I refuse to abandon them." I stated. "However, if it is alright. I'd like to visit you both wherever you settle to."

  "Aright then," Lady Tamayo seemed upset but understanding. "I wish you luck on your journey to find your friends." "We will be going soon. After we erase our tracks of course." Yushiro looked away as he said this. "Though I suppose it would be nice to see you every one and a while Lynn. Just to make sure that you were alive of course. Lady Tamayo maybe to treat you if you're injured.. Anyways, you should get moving as well." "Of course," Tanjiro-Kun and I voiced out at the same time.

  He turned to Nezuko-Chan, "let's go girls." Nezuko-Chan then took off in a small run. "Nezuko! That doesn't mean that you should run!" He then sprinted after her. I turned around to face the two demons and half bowed. "Thankyou for your hospitality." I walked over to the stairs of the basement and climbed up them. 'Hopefully this journey won't last too much longer. Only my second mission as a demon slayer and I'm already attached to a human boy, and three demons. I can't exact help it though, everyone here is so irritatingly nice.'

————————————————————————

Word Count: 1646