Another Point of View

Lynn's

I only slept when I knew they were asleep. I was too tired after my fall to stay awake all night. 'Just an hour or two of sleep won't hurt.' I awoke from my much needed rest, to find that I was still alive. 'Maybe they really aren't trying to kill me?'

The sun hasnt risen yet, however, the moon seems to be drifting toward the edge of the Earth. 'The day is soon.' With that I headed toward the window and stared out the window, waiting for day.

Thirty minutes later the sun began to rise. 'The sun is slower than on my railo.' "You're up early," Urokodaki's voice sounded behind me. "I don't sleep a lot." He hummed in approval before preparing breakfast. "Wake up young Kamado for me, will you?" I nodded and crouched in front of tog his cot. I began to shake him awake. He groaned a few times before finally opening his eyes. 'He likes to sleep, it's dangerous to sleep too much.'

He saw me and something happened to his face. 'His face is red. Is he sick? It would be a shame if a child such as himself was sick. Especially since he seems so weak.'

Tanjiro pov

I was sleeping peacefully when I felt gentle hands shake me. I groaned a couple of times not wanting to wake up just yet. When I finally woke up, I was meet with the beautiful woman's mask. 'Her eyes are so beautiful. I wish she would take the mask off though.'

Urokodaki-San was making breakfast. After she knew I was awake, she walked away and began helping Urokodaki-San cook breakfast. Once I was up, I began stretching my arms up above my head.

Lynn's pov

I helped Urokodaki cook breakfast. I had to make sure he didn't try to poison the food. We were making three omelettes, I wasn't the best at cooking. That was usually Ashley's job. But, I knew enough to know what foods were poisoned, so I watched closely, making sure he didn't add anything poisoned.

After the food was cooked we placed the omelettes on 3 separate plates. Each one was wooden and was very well kept, in peak condition. He handed me a set of chop sticks as I headed over to the small table on the floor. I then waited for the other two to sit down.

They sat down and put their hands together. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Thanking for the food." I sat there confused. "We pray for the food before we eat. Do you not?" Young Kamado-San asked. "No, I've never heard of that before." I responded honestly. "Oh, well, you put your hands together like this." He demonstrates. "Then you say, Thank You For The Food." They both finished at the same time.

"Thank you for the food." I mumbled, using the same hands as them. I ate slowly, testing to see if there was any poison in the food. When I didn't taste any I began digging into the food. It was delicious, it was some of the best food is had in a long time. I still made sure not to rush the food down. I couldn't distract myself from keeping a close eye on the two. 'They could be playing the long game.'

   Urokodaki's pov (his point of view since the beginning)

  I was traveling up one of the many mountains one day. I was going to collect some wood, when I felt the sudden urge to come here. "Well, if this isn't my lucky day. You seem strong too. And your blood smells simply devine. What a beauty as well." A very crackly voice sounded. I ran in the direction that the voice came from. When I arrived there was a demon on the ground that had already been beheaded. However, she was regenerating, so it was not done by a demon slayer.

I noticed a woman with long dark blue hair that reached her waist. She was in all black and baggy clothes. When she turned around, I took notice of the mask that she wore. Her eyes were a crystal blue that seemed to glow in the fog. She had a battle axe with her that was blue with some gold.

I had convinced her to allow me to train her to be a demon slayer. She was extremely fast to keep up with me. After arriving at the cabin I introduced her to Young Kamado before taking her up the mountain for her test. After leaving her there, I arrived back at my home. 'I didn't give her as much time as Young Kamado. It should be fine though, she was fast. She just has to worry about the traps and her since of direction.' I began brewing some tea. 'She will probably be tired when she gets back.'

It was probably only an hour later that there was a soft knock at the door. Young Kamado stood up and was about to open the door but hesitated for a second. 'It can't be the kid, she was fast, sure. But, there is no way she is that fast.' However, it was indeed her.

  I decided that it was time to introduce ourselves and explain to her what was going on. Both kids sat down across from each other. I sat beside Young Kamado I introduced us both and told her about demons and such. She had some questions but over all seemed to understand. I wanted to ask her for her name, but she seemed to tense for that. She didn't rust as at all, I had observed. She hadn't even picked up her cup of tea. Hardly sparing it a glance.

  We all headed to bed for the morning to come. When I awoke the girl was staring out the window waiting for the sun to rise. "You're up early," I inquired to her. 'She sleeps in her mask as well.' She replied, "I don't sleep often." I only nodded, 'I don't understand her. Why wouldn't she sleep? She really has no trust for us. Maybe some food will help her to open up.' I began working on some omelettes for us all, when I remembered.

  "Would you wake up Young Kamado?" I asked. She hummed back at me and made her way over to the boy. She shook him awake before helping me with the omelettes. Though, it seemed as if she was just making sure i didn't poison her food. 'What an odd child, she really believes we are out to get her.'

  When we sat down for that food. I was hooked to find out that the young lady had never prayed for her food. Young Kamado taught her how to do pray and we all thanked for the food. She seemed to test the food at first before eating at a regular yet slightly slow pace. Keeping an eye on us. After finishing the food we all put the plates away, and the training is about to begin.

————————————————————————

Word Count: 1186