469. Been There...Done That...

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"Cam, you don't need the thank me. And don't use your voice. Even if you drank the tea, I still want you to rest it. Do you want me to get you a book?" Rainbow asked him. He looked at her, and just stared at her for a bit, staring off into space soon after. He snapped back to reality when she poked his nose. "Cameron?" Rainbow called, poking his nose. He shook his head and chuckled. "Yes. I'd love a book. Could you bring me the botanic one please? Volume 137." He requested. She nodded and quickly fetched the book.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"Thank you. I wanted to ask....why did you visit?" He asked her. "I...hadn't heard from you in a while. And you didn't send any letters or telepathic messages. So I wanted to make sure you were okay." Rainbow answered, looking away from him. "Rainbow Dash.....what you saw with..the mayor...." He trailed. She stayed quiet to let him finish. "He's been doing that for so many years. It really isn't anything new. Normally I try to....as you humans say, 'brush it off.' But sometimes the damage he does lingers longer than it should. It gets so bad that Ella sometimes has to bring me blood to drink or else I would have been severely ill." He said.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"Why does he do that to you? Does he do it to anyone else?" Rainbow asked him. He paused for a moment, and then replied. "As far as I know, and as far as what he's told me....I'm the only one he toys with like this. And I believe I told you about my parents when we first met, or around that time?" He said. She nodded as he continued. "That's the reason the mayor does what he does. Because of my parents." He said, going quiet right after. "So....I told my kids I'm a vampire......." She said seemingly out of nowhere.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"Oh? How was their reaction?" He asked, looking at her with much more interest. "They definitely looked terrified, but after I explained how I'm not a monster, they seemed to calm down." She replied. "Much more tame than I expected. I figured it would erupt into absolute chaos." He laughed. "I did too. But it was probably my stare that kept them in line. I love that ability!" She laughed as well.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"Well, I do appreciate you checking up on me. I'm sorry I haven't said a word to you in the last two hundred years. The mayor has been more active in my home lately and what you witness happened about every 25 years or so..here anyway. That's about three months in your time. His 'punishments' have been getting more and more severe where he even...um....does certain things with no care for my consent...." he trailed. "He...rapes you?" She asked. "If that's the word you use for that, then yes." He replied. "I've been there....for sure. That's how two of my kids were created. Two of the triplets, anyway." She said in a somber tone.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎