Ending part 2

Shanya pov
“I got it!” I burst through Isaac’s front door, my voice filled with excitement.

Issac, clad only in pajama pants, stumbled down the stairs, his shoulder-length hair pulled back in a loose ponytail. “Got what, Shany? It’s 3 AM. Can’t this wait until morning?” he yawned

A wave of desire washed over me, but I forced myself to focus. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and began to explain my idea. “Why don’t we try to find new investors instead of giving up? We could find a mix of younger and older investors to balance things out, instead of trying to appease the old guard.”

“I mean, maybe not exactly that, but we could stick with the investors who are loyal and try to find new ones to fill the gaps. Look, I made a whole chart!” I said, excitedly walking into the living room to set it up.

This is going to work. I just know it.

Issac pov

“Shany, darling, I love your enthusiasm, but can we please discuss this in the morning? I had a long day—” My words trailed off as I met her pouting gaze. Her big brown eyes pleaded with me, and I desperately wanted to kiss her. I sighed and collapsed onto the sofa.

This was going to be a long night.

“Okay, show me what you’re thinking about,” I surrendered, giving in to her determination. A bright smile spread across her face as she launched into her plan to save the company.

I was so grateful for her and everything she’d done for me and the company in the past six months. I didn’t know what I would do without her.

She’s been my rock through everything, including helping me navigate my complicated relationship with my parents. She helped me realize that I don’t need my dad’s approval or affection to be happy, especially after years of abuse.

My relationship with Mom is still fragile, but it’s so much better than it used to be. And now, she's going above and beyond by helping me save the company. When most people would have quit after hearing about the buyout, she stayed loyal.

I can’t even begin to express my gratitude.

Three hours later, Shany finally finished explaining her plan. It wasn’t half bad; just needed a few tweaks here and there.
I gently picked up the now-sleeping Shany and carried her upstairs to my bedroom. Tucking her in, I watched her sleep. She looked so peaceful and adorable, almost like a different person, but in a better way. I could have stayed there all night.

Realizing the creepiness of my thoughts, I shook my head and exited the room. It was time to focus. I headed to my office to dive into Shany's plan and see how I could turn it into a reality.

It was 12:36 PM on Tuesday, and I was finally on a flight to Greece to meet with my first potential new investor. After a sleepless night poring over data and crafting a strategy, I was exhausted but determined.

Just as the plane began its descent, my phone rang. It was Shany, probably just discovering the note I’d left for her.

“I can’t believe you left me here with a fucking note! Be serious, Issac. I thought we were better than this,” Shany’s voice crackled with anger through the phone.

“Calm down, Shany. It was late, and I didn’t want to wake you up,” I explained.

“Oh, bullshit! You just wanted to do this alone. That’s messed up. You know I’d do anything for you and the company. Don’t pull that shit on me,” she retorted.

“You’re right, I apologize. I should’ve talked to you about it. I just didn’t want to put you through the disappointment if things didn’t work out. Seeing you upset would break my heart. Can we talk about this when I get home? I’m on my way to meet with the client now. I’ll call you as soon as I’m done, okay?”