9

Issac pov:

"I entered the meeting room early, sat down, and began reviewing some files.

A few minutes later, I heard the door open and stood up to greet the person I was meeting with.

To my dismay, it was Israel Oslayion, a disgusting man known for abusing women. I couldn't believe he was here, especially at my company.

I wondered where Mr. Shuvanla was.”

Shanya pov:

My phone rang, startling me awake. I grabbed it, answered, and said, 'Hello.'

'Can you sound like you want to talk?' Lyna asked.

I sighed and asked why she was calling. She laughed and said she wanted to tell me something and was on her way.

I sighed again and hung up.”

"I sat up, threw off the covers, and got out of bed. Walking to the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and decided I needed a haircut.

After finishing in the bathroom, I went downstairs to the kitchen, grabbed a glass, and poured myself some water from the fridge.

Heading to the living room, I plopped down on the couch and started watching something on Netflix.

"I clicked on my favorite tv show and started watching. A little later, the doorbell rang. Hoping it was Lyna, not Ed, I got up and answered the door.

To my relief, it was Lyna. “Took you long enough,” she said, laughing.

“I was about to break down the door,” she joked as she sat on the couch. I closed the door and joined her.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” I asked.

She sighed and said, “You won't believe my day. This morning, Mary called and asked me to come to the store. Of course, I said yes.'”

When I got there, there was this really tall guy with tattoos. I'm a sucker for tattoos, so he started flirting.

I looked at Lyna and smirked, saying, 'Look at you.' She laughed and said, 'While he was showing me some jewelry, this fool gave me his number, saying I should call if I wanted something elegant and beautiful.'

I was dying laughing.

Mary came out and said her son, a stranger to the town, needed help navigating. Of course, I agreed.

'Guess who it is,' Lyna said.

'This fool,' she replied.

I laughed harder and asked his name. She paused and said, 'Jino.'

'Oh wow,' I said. 'Are you going to call him?'

She sighed and said, 'I don't know. This whole thing with Israel has worn me out.'”

"I don't know if I'm ready for another relationship,' she said. I agreed she should focus on herself.

'What about you and your neighbor, Ed? Are you flirting or dating?' she asked, laughing.

I scowled and said, 'Ew, don't say that. That fool stole money. We don't talk about him here.'

She laughed. 'How about we go out tonight? Forget about our man troubles and party.'

'Before you go to work tomorrow,' she said. I agreed.

Lyna stood up, walked to the door, and said, 'Nine o'clock. Don't forget.'

I said okay, shut the door, and went upstairs to get ready for a wild night.”