8

Lyna pov

I woke up on my couch with a terrible headache. Israel had kept me up all night. We'd argued back and forth until I finally said, "Forget it," kicked him out, and cried myself to sleep on the couch.

It was now twelve-thirty in the afternoon, and I was hungry. So, I went to my kitchen and heated up some leftovers from Shanya's place.

Right after I finished eating, I got a call from Mary, Taelyn's mom. She asked me to come to the store, and I agreed. That was the end of the phone call.

I went down the hall to my bedroom, took a shower, and got ready.

After my shower, I came out of the bathroom, went back to my room, and threw on some clothes.

After putting on my "Love Yourself" shirt and some blue jeans, I walked down the hall into my kitchen.

I grabbed my to-do list, since I had a few minutes to spare.

I wrote some things down, like buying food and changing the locks.

After a few minutes, I had already written down about twenty things.

I checked my phone and it was time for me to leave so I grabbed my keys and my phone and left the house.

Twenty minutes later, I arrived at the store and went inside.

When I walked in, I was hit with the smell of pumpkin-scented candles that they had around the store.

I smiled and walked up to the register, asking the guy there for Mary.

He said that she was in her office and that he would go get her for me.

While I was waiting for Mary, I decided to look around at the new inventory. When I saw a fiery red stone necklace I wanted, I rang the bell on the counter to let an employee know I needed help with something.

That's when I saw this really beautiful guy with a lot of tattoos come over to me. "He must be new," I thought to myself, since I hadn't seen him before.

"How can I help you, love?" he said with a smirk and a strong accent.

"Well, I was wondering about this necklace right here with the red stone," I said to him, and he smiled.

"Well, that's actually part of a set and isn't meant to be sold to anyone. But I can show you something more elegant and beautiful, like yourself," he said with a grin. I let out a small chuckle.

This guy thought he was doing something.

"Well, since I'm waiting, why not?" I told him, and he smirked and walked away.

After waiting for about six minutes, he came back with a very extravagant and beautiful diamond and pearl necklace and earring set.

"Here you go, love. I hope this is to your taste," he said as he handed me the small but priceless pearl earrings and a small piece of paper.

I took the paper and held it out. "What is this?" I asked.

"Oh, that's my number, just in case you wanted something else that is also elegant and beautiful," he smirked and walked off before I could even say anything.

I just laughed and continued to look at the jewelry in the box in front of me.

While I was admiring the necklace, Mary finally came out of her office and walked over to me.

"There you are. Thank you for coming," she said with a smile. I just smiled at her and said it was no problem.

"What did you need?" I asked. She just smiled and said, "Well, my son just came back into town and got a job as an accountant." I nodded my head, telling her to continue.

"And?" she paused.

"I was wondering if you could show him around," she said. I just laughed and said sure. She knew she didn't even have to ask me that.

I didn't even know Mary had a son. As long as I've known Mary, I just found out that she has a son.

As long as I've known Mary, I just found out that she has a son. Mary has been there for me as long as I've known her. She knows I'll do anything for her.

"Thank you, darling," she said. "He hasn't been back here since he was in high school, and he's around your age."

I nodded as she called him over. "Jino, come here," she called out. The same guy from earlier came over.

"Yes, ma'am," he said, looking over at us as we made eye contact.

"Hello again, beautiful," he said to me. Mary looked over at me and said, "Oh, you know each other?" I just nodded as he smiled.

"Sorta kinda," I said. She smiled. "Oh, that's good. Well, I'll leave you two then," she said as she got up from her seat and left.

“Well, hello there, lovely," he said as he sat down in the chair across from me.

"Don't you think it's a little inappropriate to call girls you just met 'love'?" he just smirked.

Again with that smirk. I just wanted to punch him. I haven't even known him for a whole day yet.

"Nope," he said and took out his phone, sliding it over to me and holding out his hand.

"What?" I asked. He laughed and said, "Your phone. Give me your number."

I let out a low groan, took out my phone, and gave it to him. I took his phone, put my number in under 'Lyna,' and gave it back to him. He gave me mine back shortly after with his contact under 'Your future man, Jino.'

I just sighed and rolled my eyes as I put my phone back in my pocket.

So when do you want me to show you around?" I asked.

"Not today or tomorrow because I have to work, but I'm free Tuesday," he said.

I nodded and told him I was free that day too.

"Well, it's Tuesday then," I said.

After deciding the jewelry was too expensive, I paid for my purchases and left the store.

Back home, I went to my room, got into bed, and prepared to take a nap. Before falling asleep, I reminded myself to call Shanya.