4

Issac pov:

‘Ding, dong,’ the doorbell rang repeatedly. I groaned and got up from my desk, annoyed.

I walked downstairs and opened the door. There was Blake, my friend and secretary, standing on the doorstep. I was so surprised to see him, this early

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

Blake ignored my tone and walked past me into my home. "I figured you would be up all night without eating, so I brought you some food," he said.

I groaned and followed him into the living room. He was sitting on my couch, munching on a plate of French toast.

“I'm fine, I don't need to eat," I said, trying to sound annoyed. Blake swallowed his French toast and took a sip of his drink.

"I figured you would say that," he said with a smirk.

I scoffed at his comment and went to get myself a drink. I was putting ice in my glass when Blake walked in, a grin on his face.

"What?" I asked, pouring myself some cranberry juice.

"Nothing," he said.

"Oh, Taelyn called. She said something about paying her back her $54 or she's going to shoot you in the leg or something," he said, chuckling.

I wasn't amused. I knew Taelyn meant what she said. "Tell her I'll get back to her," I replied.

Blake shrugged and walked out of the kitchen. I finished my drink, washed my cup, and set it out to dry."
I walked out of the kitchen and went back upstairs to my office. I sat down at my desk, opened my laptop, and started working on a contract for my next meeting with Mr. Shuvanla.

Twenty minutes later, there was a knock on my door. "Come in," I said, and Blake opened the door.

"Well..." he started. I sat back in my chair, waiting for him to continue.

"Well, I was looking through your fridge, and I saw that you didn't have any food," he said. I raised my eyebrow, wondering why he was in my fridge in the first place.

“Don't get me wrong, I would go to the store for you, but I have to go see my mom in the hospital," Blake said.

"First of all, why were you in my fridge?" I asked, my voice laced with annoyance.

"Well, I was hungry, so I went into your kitchen to find something to eat," he replied. I let out a low growl. He knew I hated it when people rummaged through my kitchen.

"Didn't you just—" I sighed and waved my hand dismissively. "Go. I'll be okay. I'm pretty sure I can go shopping by myself."

Blake smiled and pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. He placed it on my desk. "There's the list of things you need to get from the store," he said.

I cut him off before he could finish. "Go."

I said to him, He nodded and walked over to the door. As he was about to leave, he stopped and turned back to me. He sighed and then walked out."

I got up and stretched, relieved to be alone. I walked into my room and went to my closet to choose my outfit.

Once I had everything I needed, I went to my bathroom. I turned on the shower, stepped inside, and let the warm water wash over me.

After my shower, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my waist. I turned off the water, enjoying the feeling of the cool air on my wet skin.

I stepped out of the bathroom and walked over to my bed. I dried myself off and got dressed, eager to get out of the house.

Once I was ready, I went back to my office and grabbed the grocery list off my desk. I headed downstairs, my heart already racing with anticipation.

I walked to the front door, grabbed my car keys, and then grabbed my wallet. I locked the door behind me and walked out to my car.

I unlocked the door, got in, and started the car. I buckled my seatbelt and drove off, the cool morning air rushing through the open window

...𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒑…

I pulled into the parking lot and parked my car. I got out and locked the doors before entering the store.

I grabbed a small cart from the entrance, since I didn't have much to buy. I looked at the list and saw that eggs were at the top.

I wandered over to the egg aisle, trying to remember which brand I usually bought. I stood there for a minute, indecisive. Finally, I said "screw it" and grabbed a carton of eggs.

Next, I went to get milk and the other items on the list. I spent about thirty minutes walking around the store, searching for soup. I couldn't find the kind I wanted, so I decided to forget about it.

As I was walking towards the register, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was Blake. I answered, wondering what he wanted.

"What?" I said, approaching the register.

Just as I was about to unload my groceries, Blake asked me to get him some pizza rolls from the back of the store.

I groaned and said yes, I replied, annoyed. I grabbed my groceries and started walking towards the back of the store.

"Thank you so much! You know I love you, bro," Blake said before I hung up.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I mumbled. I found the pizza rolls and grabbed a box.

I walked back to the front of the store and joined the line behind an old lady. I placed a divider between my groceries and hers and waited patiently.

There was an awkward silence between us until the cashier finally started ringing up my items.

“Sir, your total is $78.10," the cashier said. I groaned at the new  price because of the pizza rolls. It's not like I didn't have it. I was just annoyed with Blake for his last minute request. I paid for my groceries, grabbed my bags, and walked out of the store.

As I was walking towards my car, I saw a girl standing by her car. She was wearing an oversized black sweatshirt and black shorts.

Suddenly, I heard her groan and drop a bag of cat food. I figured she was struggling, so I walked over to her and asked, "Do you need some help with that?"

*I asked her and she turned around, she looked up at me. My heart pounded in my chest. She had the most beautiful milky chocolate brown eyes I had ever seen.

"Yes, please," she said, her voice like honey.

I set down my bags and picked up the cat food. I placed it in the trunk of her car.

"Thank you so much," she said.

I nodded and grabbed my bags. As I walked away, I couldn't stop thinking about her. She was so beautiful.

I got into my car and let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. "Lord, she was beautiful," I said to myself. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts.

I started the car and drove off, but I couldn't get her out of my head. Maybe I should have gotten her name. I sighed. I had a feeling I would see her again.