2

Shanya's pov

Girl, I found you a job!" Lyna practically screamed into the phone, her voice so high-pitched it made my ears ring.

I rubbed shea butter into my skin, the cool cream soothing my tired muscles. "Calm down," I said, trying to sound calm despite the thrill of her news.

"Now what did you say? And say it slower this time," I  demanded.

"I found you a job," Lyna repeated, screaming so hard my ears might pop off.

Okay okay, I get it now tell me about the job".

Lyna smacked her teeth. "Jeez, I was gonna get to that. So, you know how my brother's friend's brother owns that company, King Inc.? Well, he's looking for a new assistant, and I told him you needed a job. Guess what? He said he'd talk to him and see if he could get you an interview!"

I couldn't believe my luck. A job? After all these months of searching?

“Oh my god, thank you!" I squealed, my heart pounding in my chest. "Girl, I swear you are a lifesaver."

"I love you," Lyna said, laughing. "And I know I'm the best."

I sighed and shrugged. "That's why we're going out tonight to celebrate."

"What? I didn't even get the job yet," I protested.

Lyna smacked her teeth. "I know you're going to get it. Let me be great!"

"Alright," I said, grinning. "I'll be ready by 9 o'clock."

I hung up the phone, my excitement bubbling over. I threw my phone on the bed and rummaged through my closet. I decided on a big black sweatshirt and some ripped denim shorts. The outfit was comfortable and casual, perfect for a day at home

I padded across the room, the cool hardwood floor against my soles. I reached into my drawer and pulled out a pair of clean underwear. As I dressed, I decided to leave my hair down. It was a casual day, after all.

I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. Bunny bounded up the stairs, meowing eagerly. I scooped him up, gave him a kiss on the head, and carried him down to the kitchen.

I set Bunny on the counter and began gathering the ingredients for French toast. As I reached for the egg carton, I felt a pang of disappointment. I opened the fridge and peered inside, only to find the carton empty.

‘Great. Just great. Now I had to go to the store’. I groaned and sat down at the island, contemplating whether it was worth the effort. But then I remembered Bunny's hopeful eyes, and I knew I couldn't disappoint him.

I stood up, grabbed my keys and Bunny's leash, and headed out the door.

I locked the door behind me and stepped into the elevator. Bunny was practically bouncing off the walls, his tail wagging furiously. He must have been going stir-crazy. It had only been a week since I'd taken him to the park, but he seemed to have forgotten all about it.

I pressed the down button and waited for the elevator to arrive. Bunny paced back and forth as far as his leash would allow, his eyes wide with anticipation.