CHAPTER 25- BROKENNESS

The next day was a Monday and the office was at its busiest. Later that day, Davian, Allison and Esra had gone out for a lunch date just the three of them. It was relaxing bonding with her two most favorite people in the world. A lot of chatting and laughing was done and everything was innocent and blissful until the thirty minutes break came to an end.

This is a lot. Allison said, receiving the bulk load of files from her boss.
You have to type every single thing in there and make sure you save them into the system.
I will. Which means I'll be working late tonight.
I'm glad you realized that in time.
Allison bowed curtly before leaving the office. He had been overworking her a little more than usual.
Scheming Asshole! She thought, taking off her glasses and rubbing her eyes, feeling stressed.

              Two hundred files, each containing not less than a hundred thousand words. She kept a cup of hot coffee by her side, even if it was not a proper ethic to keep food close to the computer but who cares?!

              He made her work this late, she might as well find a way to keep herself from drifting off. She kept tapping away frantically on the keyboard. She checked the time. "12:35am". Allison sighed, still tapping away. She was a hundred and fifty files down. She should be out of here by the time the clock strikes two.

             At exactly one, she felt the need to use the restroom. She was the only one in the whole building and it was a little frightening that night. The restroom was just after the General Manger's office. If only Davian were here with her. Allison thought, she would give him a call once she got back from the restroom. She chuckled at the memory of their trio lunch date with Esra that afternoon.

Come on Ally, it's time you two tied the damn knot already.
That's exactly what I keep telling her.
I can't wait to be your maid of honor bestie.
And a godmother too. Davian added.
That's true! You're my best friend so your child automatically becomes my godchild! Come on Ally what are you waiting for.
Enough with you two! She laughed. How long has this conspiracy being going on behind my back?!

             Allison sighed, walking out of her office and heading to the restroom but odd enough, as she approached Davian's office, she could hear strange noises.
Huh?! Was she not the only one working late?
She slowly approached the door and the noises only got louder. By now, she could tell they were moans and groans. What was going on? She slammed the door open! The scene on the office desk, caught her throat. Draining her of air as tears breamed around her eyes.

"Davian? Esra? What the hell...?!"
The two of them were shocked to see her and immediately disentangled themselves with Esra frantically scrambling for her clothes and putting them back on.

Allison...how are you still...aren't you supposed to be home? Davian asked, approaching her but his face was welcomed with a slap from the furiously hurt woman.
How dare you two? You both were actually having an affair right underneath my nose?! Tears trailed down her eyes. Davian how could you? And you Esra? How the hell did you go through with this?! We've know each other for years? How could you both betray me like this? Allison cried out.
Urgh! Esra scoffed irritatedly. Wipe those tears already, you're making me sick!
Wh...what? Allison couldn't believe her ears. How long have you two been making a fool of me?
Since before you left for Caribbean.
Interesting. That long huh? She asked, pained.
Oh cut it out! You should be glad I helped you keep your man sane when you couldn't. You're boring Allison. What man wants a boring partner?
I see...so is this what it's about? You asshole! I thought we were comfortable with waiting till we were married?! She asked Davian, hurt. Talk to me Davian!
You heard her right. He said, coldly.
What? Allison could feel her heart shatter.
Esra wrapped her arms around Davian and kissed him right in front of her.
You're welcome to watch if you want dear Ally. I'll be generous enough and teach you a few tricks on how to keep your man wanting more. She chuckled mockingly.
How dare you? Let go off him! Allison yelled, pulling Esra away, causing Esra to slap her.