CHAPTER 49- SCREWED UP BASTARD!

The very next morning, Hades was already dressed and ready to leave. He had barely slept a wink last night. Blaming himself for ever leaving her alone. Bruce had slept over.

"Up already?"
"I can't afford to waste anymore time. Remember I still have two places to check out today."
"I really wish I could come along."
"That's fine. I understand you have your work to get to. Thank you for coming."
"Anytime."

Doorbell rings.

Both men exchanged confused looks.
"Expecting someone?"
"No."
Hades went to the door and opened it.
"Merry Christmas, darling!" The woman at the door, smiled cheerfully, holding a gift box in her hand.
"Lisa?"
"I'm sorry I couldn't come in yesterday, I was tied down." She walked in casually and set the box down on the counter.
"What are you doing here"
"To gift you. Where's your wife? I'd like to also see her."
Hades let out a sigh.
"Is...something wrong?" She looked innocently from Hades to Bruce.
"She's missing."
"Oh my goodness! That's horrible! When did this happen?"
"Last night?"
"Any leads to her yet?"
"The pathways at Avril."
"Do you know the exact one she could have been taken through?" Lisa asked.
"No, we're not sure."
Thank goodness!
"I'm going to check out the one on the right first. Hades said. "It leads to the outskirts of the city. I suspect if they could take her anywhere, it would be there."
Oh no!
"Wouldn't it be more logical they took her to the airport?" Lisa asked, trying to cause a diversion.
"What?" Hades had hoped not, it'd be a lot harder to find her if she was flown out of the city and his patience was running out.
"I'd say we check in every flight from last night both time of departure and arrival destination. What do you think?" She asked.
"I guess that'd be a good idea but...."
"What is it?"
"Why are you helping out?" Hades asked, suspiciously.
"Quit those eyes Hades! Do I look like someone without compassion? Someone got abducted here for crying out loud and not to mention, your wife. We have to find her. I'm not a total jerk." Lisa defended.
"Fine, let's do it."
She smiled, triumphantly.

Alright Davian, Mission accomplished.

  _Darkness..._

              Allison whimpered as the morning sun streaked through the window of the farm house. Her tied hand were hurting and so were her eyes. It was torture for her vision to be restrained. She fretted, alone.
Where was Hades? She thought, her anxiety growing.

           Just two nights before, everything had been blissful. The morning before she was helping little girls and boys with their presents wrapped in box of red, white and green ribbons. She had met a little girl who thought of her as a role model and wanted to be like her.

            Right now, she would give anything to make sure Suzy doesn't end up in her shoes, tied up and hopeless. Just yesterday, she and Hades had been arguing about what gender they wanted for a child.

            Just last night, she was busy decorating the big Christmas tree in the living room. At that moment, he had taken her in his hands and kissed her so tightly. To think all that could be snatched away within minutes.

        That damn phonecall! What if he wasn't yet back from that meeting? What if all efforts to find her proved unsuccessful? Hades...
She cried out in a whimper. Oh how she wanted to be out of here and back in his arms. She was starting to feel safe there. Was that even believable?

               'Karl' the ungrateful scumbag! She thought, angrily. How could he do this to her? She should have listened to Hades. Karl was never to be trusted. How could she have been blind? You've always been blind Ally...

           Wasn't this what she had been trying to get away from? Being trampled by the ones she trusted? Was anyone in her life even trust worthy? And Hades?Was she making a bitter mistake with Hades?