4.1| SECRET

────⋆⋅જ⁀➴

"Like I'm haunted by the voices deep within
Oh, they're just never gonna fade"

Always on the run

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

TWO MONTHS LATER
UNKNOWN LOCATION

The air smashed harshly against the window of the hotel room, making a whistling sound whenever it did so as the storm raged outside. The sky was dark and rain fell quickly and in large amounts, covering the window in droplets.

Avalyn Stark liked the rain, it calmed her and created a background noise to focus on when she needed to. She still had nightmares on a daily basis and waking up to rain was the only way to battle it.

Unless Pietro Maximoff lay next to her. Then, she didn't need the rain at all.

"Princessa, come back to bed."

"I can't sleep."

Breaking out her boyfriend from a high-security prison should have made her a criminal but it was hard for them to catch someone they couldn't chase. Besides, they had been too focused on Steve Rogers to even know she'd been there.

"I have to go back tomorrow, Pietro," Avalyn whispered softly.

"You've only been here a few days," Pietro complained, sitting up and placing a hand on her arm.

"I know but it'll get suspicious," Avalyn admitted. "I have to check on Peter too. I'll come back, you know I will."

Avalyn turned to him on the bed, crossing her legs to sit properly and leaning her forehead against him. The few days they had were bliss and Avalyn knew Pietro was grateful to be out of the raft. She'd cut his hair for him, and given him some new clothes and the two had spend our intertwined, knowing the time they had together was short.

Pietro sighed before pressing his lips against hers. He parted with a soft smile as Avalyn looked up at him.

"I have to go," She whispered once again. "Even if I could stay, I cannot be around Katarina."

"I understand, Princessa," Pietro replied. 

"This is a burner phone," Avalyn sped across the room then placed the phone in his palm. "If you need me, I'm here faster than it takes for that thing to finish ringing. Otherwise, I'll check back in on you in a few weeks."

"How will you find us?" Pietro questioned, tilting his head.

"I can find anything out, Pietro, no matter where you go, I'll find you," Avalyn hummed. "You know, I told Dad I'd be home by eleven. It's only nine..."