Chapter 14 : Echoes Of Impersonation

Echoes Of The Wixx

Chapter 14 : Echoes Of Impersonation

Alister's eyes opened and the first thing he saw was Zephyr sleeping with her head lying on the bed while sitting in a chair. Alister then moved his hand however, he was unable to. The sharp pain was excruciating however he continued to push his hand. He then touched Zephyr's head, feeling her soft long blonde hair.

Zephyr was then startled by the feeling of being touched and woke up looking at Alister.

"You're, you're up!" Zephyr said while tears began to flood her eyes.

Zephyr then jumped on Alister, hugging him. The pain that he felt from the hug was the worst pain he'd ever felt; however, it was the best feeling he had ever felt. After their embrace, Zephyr sat down and began to interrogate him.

"So, what the hell happened to you? I know you fought in the arena but you told me not to worry and you're alive by what... chance? How stupid are you? I don't want to be mean but a few more seconds and you'd have been killed. Do you know how worried I was? Well, I'll tell you I was very worried. Don't do something like that again, okay?"

Alister absorbed everything that Zephyr poured out and a long pause stood between the two. Alister put his hand back on her head and then broke the silence.

"Look Zephyr, I'm very happy that you care for me, but as I've said before, I WILL do whatever it takes to avenge my family's name even if they were horrible people, they were still my family, and the blood we shared was the same. Zephyr, I want you to know your family too and if anything was to happen to you I'd seek out those who would have harmed you. So I'm sorry but I can't make promises on staying out of danger but a promise I will make to you is I'll train more so I'm not as weak and I'll never be in that kind of position again."

Zephyr looked at him while he lay in the bed and smacked him in the shoulder. Alister's eyes widened in pain before looking over at Zephyr, crying.

"I know I can't have you promise anything but please think before you do something like that next time, okay?" Zephyr then planted her head into Alister's chest while tears ran down her face.

"Look after this we will train together we still have about a year and a half before we meet Vahntas in RockGrotto anyway. When we start heading towards RockGrotto there's a place we can stop at in which we can improve ourselves to become stronger."

Zephyr looked up with red eyes and nodded her head before getting up and getting ready to leave.

"Where are you headed?" Alister asked while trying to get out of bed.

"I'm heading out to get you a potion and some food. Stay put and I'll be back shortly, alright?"

Zephyr put on her glowing red cloak and closed the door behind her. Zephyr then put the hood up on her cloak and observed the people around her. As people walked by all that could be heard was the buzz around Alister.

"Did you see Alister, The Dark Swordsman? He was fantastic in the arena! He's also really good-looking, don't you think?" A woman said to the woman who walked next to her while smiling and laughing.

Zephyr then decided to head in the opposite path from the apothecary. She eventually then made it to the large stone arena. She looked at the roster intently before finding Alister's name.

"So Alister is said to face..." While speaking out loud a deep voice came from behind her. A giant man with a chain whip wrapped around him and walked up from behind and began to initiate a conversation.