Chapter 16 : A Reunion Of The Wixx

Echoes Of The Wixx

Chapter 16 : "A Reunion of the Wixx"

Alister's eyes suddenly opened with shock. Not Knowing what time it was, he got up to see Zephyr resting in the bed on the other side of the room. However, What he didn't think of when he got up was that his injuries were all healed. The cuts and bruises disappeared as if he never was hurt in the first place. Alister then put his clothes on before walking out of the Inn room, shutting the door behind him with ease.

Alister made his way down the creaky steps before getting to the main floor. On the main floor, a tall, older woman with pointed ears stood behind the bar, her smile warm and inviting.

"Mornin, Sugar." The lady said while looking at Alister with a grin.

"Good morning ma'am, I was just wondering, what time is it right now?" Alister said half awake and still a tad groggy.

"You can call me Luna, and what's your name, cutie." She said while leaning onto the counter placing her elbow on the counter and resting her head in the palm of her hand.

"I... um, I'm Alister. Nice to meet you." He felt a twinge of confusion at her playful demeanor.

A pause of silence stood between the two.

"So....your him then." Again, another pause of silence stood between the two.

"They said you were handsome, but I didn't expect to see someone so... refined. Most men that wander in here look like barbarians with only one thing on their minds, mead." Luna's gaze flickered over him, her interest apparent.

"Tell me, would you like a mug of mead on the house, sugar?" The women said while pouring the mead into the mug before even getting Alister's answer.

A mug then rushed down the counter top with speed. Alister put his hand out to catch it and began to drink.

"Sorry, honey. Didn't mean to skip your question," she said, gesturing to a clock in the corner. The small hand rested on six, the large hand nearing ten.

Yet again, an awkward silence fell onto them again while Alister stared into the mug.

"You know hun, today is the finale if I'm not mistaken." She said trying to break the ice.

Alister stared down at the mead observing his reflection. As Luna finished her sentence, Alister's gaze shifted and looked her in the eyes with his head hung above the mug.

"Unfortunately, it is." Alister said conflicted and sighing.

"What is it dear? Something on your mind, isn't it?"

Alister continued to look at his reflection in the mead before downing the whole mug in one go. Slamming the now empty mug on the counter, Alister sat in silence as a sea after a storm.

"I'm not sure what to do, I've been hellbent on revenge this whole time but I'm not sure if the path I'm going down is the right one. Even worse I feel awful because someone I care for is coming with me on this journey and what are they gaining out of this ... Nothing I'd say. It took me so many times to see how they cared for me that I didn't even put their feelings into account. On top of this all someone I know advised me not to fight in the tournament. But, I don't know.."

Alister began to speak faster and faster before being cut off by Luna.

"Look Hun, I can't give you the best advice but what I can say is to follow your heart. And, this someone you had spoken of, what if they don't want anything physically but what if it's mentally. Think of it, what if you're the nails that hold the home together for them. When it comes to the finale, is your life worth risking over some wish? Sure you could wish for money, power, fame but will it truly make you happy? But, at the end of the day that's what makes us different. From the decisions we make to the path we take in life, everyone's will be different one way or another."