Chapter 17 : Battle, Remembered By The Wixx

Echoes Of The Wixx

Chapter 17: Battle, Remembered by The Wixx

Eyes filled to the brim with fire, Alister stood staring at Vincent. Alister brushed sweat from his face onto his arm.

"It's been some time, Vincent."

Vincent stood there in silence before swinging his sword in Alister's direction. Alister's sword made contact, creating sparks that shot into the air. The swords ground together, creating a nasty scraping sound.

"Tell me Vincent, why did you join the tournament? Explain yourself this instant!" Alister screamed as his blood boiled.

An eerie low tone came from Vincent as he looked Alister in the eyes with a twisted grin. "Why does it matter to you, Alister? Besides, you asked me what I'm doing here. What is the last of the Wixx doing in a place like this?"

Vincent pulled his blade away and made a tactical retreat back to the edge of the arena. When he reached the edge, Alister charged after him, throwing multiple fireballs at Vincent. Vincent quickly moved to the right, evading the fireballs, and threw his sword at Alister. Alister was puzzled, but at a quick speed, barely had enough time to dodge the blade, which left a faint scratch on his left cheek, causing blood to slowly pour out.

Alister continued to dart for Vincent, but when he looked up, Vincent was gone. He searched frantically for Vincent but couldn't find him. Alister recalled the sword that whizzed past him. Before he had the opportunity to look back, he heard a whisper of a voice in his ear:

"God Speed is a very great spell that allows me to move at the speed of light!"

Vincent took his sword and swung it with full might, cutting into Alister's back—a blow that should have left Alister dead, but the extra armor helped him escape death... for now.

Alister fell to the ground from the blow and began to cough, blood pouring from his mouth.

"Allow me to ask you, Alister, why did you join this whole event? You don't seem like someone who would want more. You had it all: money, power, status—so what more could you want in this life?"

Vincent slowly walked towards Alister, his sword dragging on the concrete and creating sparks as it moved.

"Rather than telling me, allow me to guess why you're here: One, you're here to return the name of the Wixx to its former glory. Two, to find out who eliminated every member of the Wixx. Or three, you know who killed your family, and that's why you're here."

Alister's eyes lit up after hearing the third option, and he raised his head.

"Ding, ding, ding! So we have a winner. You're here to find the culprit who killed your family, but why? I recall who killed your family. Hmm, come to think of it, I know where he is right now. Would you like to know?"

Vincent knelt down and came face-to-face with Alister, staring deep into his eyes with a chaotic look on his face and his hand over his mouth.

"It—It was me! I was the one who killed your family. YES, ALL ME!" A chaotic laugh bellowed from his mouth as he stood. "Well, it's not like it matters anyway, 'cause I'll finish the last of the Wixx here."

Alister used his sword to rise to his feet. Eventually, he made it up and pulled a potion from his pocket, drinking it without a second thought.

"So the little Wixx still has some fight in him, does he?" A cocky voice rang out, infuriating Alister even more. Alister began to scream and rage at what he had just heard.