Chapter 9: Burning Of The Wixx

Echoes Of The Wixx

Chapter 9: Burning Of The Wixx

Alister sits in silence while sitting in a red soft chair in the corner of the Wixx archives. Alister had stacks and stacks of books littered across the floor making it hardly visible. A knock at the door took Alister attention off of the book he was reading.

"Is that you Zephyr?" The door slowly opened and couldn't open all the way due to the books on the ground.

"Who else could it be?" Zephyr said with a sarcastic tone while walking into the archive.

"I thought maybe you'd be hungry or thirsty since you haven't left this room in four days, so I brought you some fresh bread I baked and some water." Zephyr put the food and drink on the table next to Alister and began to walk back at the door while pausing and looking back at Alister. " Did you find anything that could be helpful or give us a clue on where to go next?"

A long pause stood between the pair before Alister began to speak. "I have actually found some books and a map that may guide us on where to go. The map is to the desert country of Favern in the north. Even more, the map and the book both claim that the floating castle in the sky should have an archive with information on Magic, Equipment and more importantly, A book about legendary creatures. According to another book I had read also claims that the Dulhan is a creature of myth and tales. So that is all I have for information right now but, I will search for more. Whatever it takes, I WILL take down that Dulhan.

Alister shut the book he had opened in his lap and got up from the chair to return the book to the bookshelf. As the book was shoved into its place a cloud of dust shortly followed. Alister, focused on the bookshelves and began scouring for another book that might aid him.

Zephyr then closed the door as she walked out. With the door closed, she leaned up against it and was thankful that Alister was still doing fine. She began to recall the first night that they stayed in the Wixx Manor.

Alister was covered in mud and filth when he walked into the home.His boots left a muddy shoe print as he walked to the bedroom in silence. She had seen a look on his face that she had not seen before. A scowl on his face with a mix of a grin, similar to a sadistic smirk. She knew that this was not the right time to approach him so she stood there and watched him slowly fade into the hall where he'd enter a room and a click could be heard from the door after the door was shut. She would worry about him and would do her best to make sure he wouldn't break down the way he did that same unfaithful day.

As Zephyr closed the door Alister grabbed another book and made his way to the same chair. Alister would begin reading the book he had grabbed before his mind would become flooded with events from the last week.

That same night he had his breakdown, Alister had gathered the rotting corpse on the ground only recognizing his father and mother. He had gone out behind the manor and began to dig. One by one he put the remains in the ground before covering them with the soil until his parents were the only ones left. He had made the holes in the ground and began to place their remains in the ground. As he laid them down, rain began to pour down from the heavens as Alister looked down at the graves. The rain began to fall even harder as he placed the dirt on top of them.

Alister sat in the rain while thinking. Thinking on what his next move will be. Will it be to live in the Wixx estate or was it to continue his journey and kill Vahntas. Alister sat there pondering the the only sound that could be heard was the sound of rain hiding the ground as a crack of lightning struck nearby. Alister was so focused in his mind that he didn't flinch to the sound of thunder.

Alister would then stand up and begin to head inside the manor covered in mud, blood and defeat. Vanitas might now have physically won but in the terms of psychological, Alister was bested.