Chapter 4 - The Witch's Palace

Vellore moved towards the Witch's house, moving with quick and silent steps, trying to not make any kind of sound that could attract attention towards her as werevolves have amazing hearing and smelling skills. They could smell something sweet, refreshing and enticing but, it was more mind-controlling than it was sweet. Her scent could make not just men or women but, anybody crazy. She just have to think about it and the scent does that. Believe it or not but, the scent of the pure and fresh green sprouts of the forest can do this to you. 

As, we have seen in the movies and videos, we imagine a Witch's place to be like a hut, maybe a dungeon, something old and dark. So, did she. She had the slightest idea that the Witch's place is going to be a complete surprise for her. She reached the Witch's house, it looked like any normal house from outside. She reached to the main door and tried to unlock it. But, as she touched the door, an alarm started buzzing, that triggered another alarm and another. Three alarms, each one louder from the previous one started yelling loudly. One even said, "Don't Open the door. There's a thief." Vellore was just going to escape from the front door, when suddenly the door got unlocked by itself and opened up. Well, that is a witch's abode. Expect the unexpected ! When the door opened, a mildly sweet and tangerine scent came from inside. If it was not the Queen of the Woods, she could have been mind lured by that scent. 

When she steeped a foot inside the house, everything lit up, not the candles like those witch movies, my friend. But, modern sensor LED light bulbs and tubes set inside the walls and the ceiling. Well, it seemed like sensor devices, might be Witch's magic as well. Who knows, if she needed to pay her electricity bills or not. Returning to our topic so, when Vellore ran her eyes inside the house, it was not just a house, it was a complete palace inside what looked like a normal house from outside. It had stairways, beautiful interiors, big dining tables, beautiful paintings, lavish food on the dining tables, big and modular kitchen and all that you see in huge five star hotels, nowadays. A beautiful middle aged lady came walking towards her downstairs, she said - 

Maggie - Hello Vellore, Welcome to my humble abode. How can I help you ?

Vellore - (She knows my name). Hello ma'am, I am here for something I really need or else me and my people will die.

Maggie - No need to be so formal, my name is Maggie. I am the Witch of the Werewolf community. Do you like my place ?

Vellore - Like ! I love what you have done to your place, I didn't expect you house to be so amazing and magical from inside.

Maggie - (Laughing) So, what did you expect it to look like. A dark and scary dungeon or a old, tormenting wooden hut, like they show it to you in the movies.

(Vellore looked towards the floor in embarrassment)

That's alright Vellore, no need to be embarrassed, it is just a common expectation. I somehow happen to be more modern and sophisticated than most of the witches. It is just a matter of perception and lifestyle. How you keep yourself is in your hands.

(Vellore was so impressed by this lady in this first meet with such a powerful personality that she almost forgot that she was also dealing with a Witch)

Now, tell me, what is it that you were saying ?

Vellore - I was saying that ... about the potion ... my people... and she started blabbering.

Maggie - I think you are too restless after such a long journey, maybe you need some rest, Come, have a seat. Would you like something good to eat, you look so feeble. After having your tummy full, you can take a quick nap, I have prepared a beautiful room, just for you.

(Vellore wanted to say No but, she could not. Something in the air was confusing and controlling her, making her agree to everything Maggie said). Well, I told you expect the unexpected, when you enter a Witch's place.