HLS - 16

16

" Where are we going Lovie? " I asked her for the nth time.

" Mac, how many times have you asked that thing to me... Trust me on this okay? Beside we are almost there na din." She said irritably. She's that one that is currently driving right now, and I hate the feeling that her attention is not on me so I just keep on bothering her. Childish right?

" Lovie..." I plead

" Hmmm." Tss, now she can't even look at me in the eyes.

" Yvonne Samantha Lopez... Roxas . . . " then she divert her attention back at me hahahah got you!

" It's Lopez . . . Not Roxas!" She raised her one brow at me then focused her attention once again on the road.

" Roxas.... Future tense." I beam then hell, she just frown at me.

" Why? You don't want to bare my last name?" I asked her

" Sira... It's not that... But it's just too early to talk about that kind of things... " She whispered. I can see her hold the steering wheel tightly.  Okay Macsen great job! you fvck up once again. Can you just please shut the fvck up

" Okay..." I sigh. THen she drives the car slowly and pulled it to the other side. She faces me and held my hand

" Mac..." she calls me but i didn't buy it. I just held my gaze at the window.

" Psssh... Lovie..." Still not hearing anything... I didn't look bawal marupok Mac! Then i hear her sigh

" Are you mad at me ba? " Then I shift my gaze to her.

" No... I'm not mad at you!" I exclaimed

" It's not what you actually think Mac, To be honest, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to be Mrs. Roxas someday Mac, I love you. . . And please don't you ever doubt that okay?" I chuckle. Hearing those words from her. It really hits differently.

" Magdrive ka na, Baka umaga na tayo makarating. " She just laugh and started driving once again. I watched her intently as we travelled. Those words she said to me a while ago give me an ecstatic feeling. I closed my eyes as I dream of her and me together.

How I wished I can call her Mrs. Roxas someday. That feeling of waking up every morning with her at your bed. . . The sight of her cooking at my own kitchen. . . Easing you when you're tired from work. . . Incredibly beautiful. . .

" Mac. . . " Yvonne's voice was a warm rasp in my ear.

" Mac. . . wake up." I moaned, squeezing my eyes shut tighter

" 5 more minutes. . . " Her silent laughter shook me. She pressed a hard kiss to my forehead and wiggled my body slightly.

" We're here Mac. Get up and open your eyes sleepy head. . . " Cracking one eyes open. I watched her get out things from the car. I realized the sun was out. I sat up and looked out the windows, gasping when I saw the ocean. We'd stopped for a gas once but I hadn't been able to get my bearings or figure out where we were heading. Yvonne had declined to tell me when I asked, saying only that it was a surprise.

" Where are we?" I breathes, thrilled by the sight of the sun climbing over the water. It had to be solidly into morning.

" La Union. . . " Gosh that's far from Manila. I can see that she's tired through her eyes. I looked again at the weathered shingle covered building we'd parked beside. There are so many scattered cottages around the beach. The waves of the ocean was so calm and the water is as clear as a crystal. There was a villa at least 3 stories high. With wrap around decks and balconies on the front and sides, and a quaint single-door entrance of the back. It stood on stilts at the shoreline, So close to the water that I knew the tide must come up right beneath it.