HLS - 18

18

I step out of the car and fixing my dress. I wear a black cocktail dress with a mid thigh hemline. I feel my pulse raising as I approached the grand door of the restaurant. Two guards greeted me as they assist me inside. The setting of the restaurant was idyllic and I was instantly delighted on entering the restaurant.

It is perfect. . . The decor was beautiful and provided a very intimate setting for the guest to enjoy the on-going party. The atmosphere is cool, with high beamed ceilings and eclectic decor. The tables are close, but the wine crate stacks help to keep a little privacy. It's like having to dined in a European restaurant. Okay this is what they call " simple party ". Thank heavens I decide to wear something descent today. I roam my eyes around the place, some faces are familiar to me maybe I saw them at Shan's party. Camera flashes burst everywhere like fireworks as I walk around the place. I wish I had Macsen beside me. Ugh. When I reach the reception hall, I snatched a glass of champagne from a passing server and searched for Shantal. I spotted her on the far side of the room with Ashley and her friends, and I crossed to them, discarding my empty glass on a table as I passed by it.

" Yvonne," Ashley's face lit up when she saw me.

" That dress is stunning on you!" she air-kissed each of my cheeks. She was gorgeous in a shimmering, fitted column of icy blue. Sapphires dripped from her ears, throat and wrist highlighting her eyes and her pale skin.

" Thank you. . . " I took a gulp of champagne from my second glass. I don't know but i'm nervous around Ashley's friends specially her in-law Gene. The way she stare at me, It's kinda different

" You're gorgeous by the way . "

" Thank you. . . I'm so happy you were able to make it tonight. " She smiles and glance around me trying to check on something

" Are you perhaps alone tonight?" She asked me.

" Yes... Sorry she can't make it." I actually didn't ask Macsen to come with me. I forgot to call her last night

" It's okay. . Maybe next time hahaha.. Oh but you are surely going to meet mine for sure."

" hahaha yeah sure. . ." She's pertaining to her Wife. She talks about her wife a lot to me and the way she talks, It really reflects how she loves her Wifey. I giggle as Macsen flashes to my mind

" Ashley" Two stunning woman approached us

" Happy Birthday Tita." They all shouted to the other woman wearing a violet dress. The this must be Ashley's Mother, pretty as her daughter. They all hug her mother. And then I felt the gaze of the two woman shift to me. Ashley came to my side

" Mom... This is Yvonne my new friend. " I extend my hand and give my sweetest smile.

" Happy Birthday Mrs. . . . " I stop mid-air as I greeted her mother warmly. She reciprocates my smile as she came to hug me

" Just call me Tita ihja. hahaha and thank you. I hope you're enjoying the party tonight. " I chuckle

"Oh absolutely Tita."

" Alright that's good to know, I need to see the other guests. Help yourself okay? Enjoy." We all laugh as her mother leave us. I feel someone's staring at me and I saw the other woman. I smiled at her. The other woman is wearing a green dress to compliment her simple tone lipstick. The woman approaches me and my knees got weaken.

~~ what is wrong with you Yvonne? I compose myself before greeting this gorgeous woman.

" Hello, " I nervously extend my hand to hers