HLS -29

A/N: LAST 10 CHAPTERS 🥲🥲

29

The next morning arrived with a slight throbbing at the back of my skull that mocked me for having one to too many glasses of wine. I haven't seen Lewis for the last three days since that party. .

Well what's new right? Nothing is new to her absence.

After a long, hot shower, I made my way into the living room. With my much- needed dose of caffeine wrapped between both palms I headed to the kitchen and filled the biggest mug I could find then slump my body on the couch. I was startled when the phone vibrated against me. nearly dropping it. I was debating letting it go to voice mail but when I see Sheena on the screen I set my mug on the coffee table and picked up my phone.

" Sheena. . . " I adjusted my grip on the phone and tucked my legs beneath me on the couch and leaned into the corner.

" All settled Ash. . . Next week na flight nyo ni Ma'am Macsen. . I'll just email the whole info of the details sayo. " I smiled widely hearing the great news.

" Thank you Sheena . . . I really owe you a lot on this."

" Sus.. You have no idea how I hate to do this no. . . Mawawalan na ako ng trabaho. . ."

" Hahaha you bet I will leave you behind? Oh come on Shee.. Don't worry I'll take care of that for you. . ."

" Alright. . . alright. "

"Uhmm.. Sheena. . Have you mentioned any of this to Lewis na ba?" I hope not

" Hindi pa naman, Why? "

" Oh great! Ako na lang magsasabi sa kanya nito. . . " After we hung up i stared at the phone for a long minute, As I smiled to myself things were going well on my side. I chuckled inwardly. Just the thought of that conversation made me ecstatic.

The door slid apart revealing Macsen talking over to her phone. Her eyes were dark; periodically her eyelids would drop downward looking like she's half asleep. Her clothes, while expensive looked less than impressive; her suit was creased and her tie was loosened halfway down her chest. Her hair was unkempt and ruffled, resembling a birds-nest. She looked miserable. Her gaze darkened and her voice lowered intimately.

" I'll call you back..." She whispered over the phone

" I'm glad you decided to see me. " I blurted sarcastically

" In your dreams Ash. . . I'm not here to see you. " I was a bit hurt but I maintained my cool. I saw her heading upstairs

" Next week na flight natin. " She faced me then she looked at me with too much disgust

" Walang aalis. " Her face was hard and her gaze narrowed and determined. It almost choked me seeing it.

" Come on Lewis. . . It's all settled."

" Look Ash, . . I can't come with you. . . "

" Why not . . . If it's about your company. . . You can just sell it  naman. . . I'm sure --- "

" What?! Do you actually hear your goddamn self right now?! I worked hard through the years. . Then you'll just dictate me to sell it! Hell no. . . No fvcking way Ashley!"

" We can start another one there Lewy. . Dad would love to help us with anything we just need to ask him "

" The answerr is NO . . . " her voice was stern

" T*ng*na naman Macsen. . . I am willing to forget about Yvonne and whatever you did, Just come with me. . . The sooner we work this out will be better. . . Mas madaling tayong makakamove on if we are there and leave all the things behind here. " she faced me then, turning in a leisurely pivot, that ghost of a smile softening her sinful mouth.