❄️Recovery❄️

Sae's Pov

Sae's Pov

I woke up not knowing where I was for a moment. The last thing I remember was.....I think I was fighting....no. I fought the demon and then I went to get the haori. I must've blacked out from the poison. I look around me, it was daytime. "I wonder how long i've been asleep". I sit up, rubbing my head, due to the hallucinations I had. My vision was still adjusting. I realized I was in the infirmary at the butterfly mansion. I feel very exhausted, my body aches and my arm... well seems Kanae took care of that. I noticed someone familiar sitting next to me on a chair. "Giyuu? When did he get here". He seemed to be sleeping. I won't bother to wake him up. As happy as I was to see him, I wanted him to rest. I remember the moments of last nights events. "Seishin". I couldn't help but think that, not all demons are cruel. Yes, Seishin was still a ruthless killing demon.... but he was lost, he didn't want to be a nuisance. He just wanted to be left alone with people who cared for him. I don't know what to do. Are there good demons out there, I thought.  "No, I can't think like that. I'm only like this because he got in my head. I was vulnerable". I lay back down onto the bed. I feel my eyes get heavy I can't keep them open. It wasn't long before I fell back asleep.

When I awoke again, it was nighttime. I look to see if Giyuu was still here, only to see he was indeed not there. I sigh to myself. My belly rumbles, letting me know that I should eat. I wait patiently for a kakushi to come with food. I hear footsteps approaching at a fast pace. "Guess I didn't need to wait that long". To my surprise it wasn't a kakushi that came, it was someone else. Her eyes widened when she saw me."SAEEEEEE OH MY GOODNESS, WHEN I HEARD THE NEWS I CAME AS SOON AS I COULD! HOW ARE YOU?! ARE YOU HURT? WHAT HAPPENED"!? I was bombarded with many questions from my dear friend Mitsuri. She hugged me tightly as if I were going to disappear. "Ahh- Mitsuri I'm okay don't worry your pretty little head. I'm just really hungry, so if you could-". I didn't get to finish talking. "Oh yes of course! I'll go get someone to cook you something right away! Wait, how about I just cook you something instead, I have the perfect dish. I'll be right back".

Mitsuri's Pov

I ran quickly to the kitchen. I've been wanting Sae to try my pancakes for a while, now is the perfect time. I didn't see any kakushi so I guess i'll have to make it on my own. I grabbed all the ingredients, ready to prepare the pancakes. I was in a rush I didn't notice Sanemi was in the kitchen watching me run around. "Oh please excuse me Shinazugawa, i'm in a rush and I need to get this done". I start mixing the ingredients together. "Slow down would ya? What's your deal"? He seems to be in a decent mood right now. "Sae just woke up and i'm preparing pancakes for her and yes before you say anything I know it's dinner time but pancakes will make her feel better". I saw Shinazugawa frozen for a moment, like he was thinking. "I'll help". I was happy with those words and excited. I've noticed Shinazugawa would go check on Sae very late at night. He thinks he's being clever but everyone knows. "Thank you, Sae would appreciate it". I start giving him a mixing bowl. "I'm only doing this so it'll go by faster. We have to leave early for that meeting with the master tomorrow". It makes sense but I don't think that's the only reason why he's helping me.