Chapter 12: Repair The Damage

He left AWP that May after getting a letter from them a year later of the punishment for him being with us for Grandpa's Funeral even though he had a written note from the funeral director and all of my dad's appointments. AWP punished him for caring and being able to be with us in our time of need, especially taking care of my dad. The situation was more of him being fired since he didn't accept the job that next day.

I believed we were on a better journey once he left AWP. Well, if you believed this then you are fooled because he was still bitter towards me in certain ways and making love was out the door. We lost all attraction to one another. The man I loved so much, I couldn't make myself make love to him. Reality is, I hated him, I wanted him out of my life for leaving me alone for four years. He treated my home like a hotel and chased money that we didn't need. I wanted us, I wanted him but I got a bitter man that made me become bitter and didn't know how to feel once he came home. I tried to make him see my view of him being away wasn't good for us, nope, before Melanie started Middle School he went to work at a family restaurant called Giovanni's.

Giovanni's in Weston was a great family restaurant, Larry being a delivery driver wasn't too bad, the money was much lower than we needed and we had to return our Spark back to the dealership because we couldn't afford it. I mean, we got along but I still refused to touch him intimately. I had no desire for him after four years of hell. Why the hell did I stick around? I have no idea how to be honest with you. Melanie really struggled returning to school while our relationship was breaking to its end. We couldn't fix ourselves. We couldn't repair what was lost.

He stayed with Giovanni's until October of that year, mostly because it was becoming costly with tires and it was too far out of the area where he still wasn't making much. If this tells you, he barely made tips from people out that way and when he did it wasn't a whole lot. The boss did give driver fees but the job itself wasn't worth it.

By November, he worked at the local Walmart for about three months before they let him go because he was a seasonal employee instead of a full time employee. He did go back to KFC/Taco Bell before Walmart but that lasted for three days. And this will lead us into our next year.