Chapter 17 - Accident

Jaekyung's POV

I left her office room with sadness plastered on my face.

As she wasn't pregnant, I knew I could move on from her.
But her words... the pain she carried till now... It will hunt me till the day I die.

I felt tears in my eyes. Yes... I was crying. I felt worthless of being a man... The wound I've created in her life is not that deep... but still, it's a wound that would never be healed down. I just came out of nowhere after 5 years and damaged it more...

I was on the stairs. I couldn't have a clear vision due to the tears I got in my eyes. And then I tripped on my feet and fell from the stairs...

People gathered around me... and that's all I remember.

When I woke up, I found myself on a hospital bed? Where am I? Who bought me here?

______________________________________

Few minutes ago...

Kiaraa's POV

I ran towards the Medical centre and found himself unconscious on the bed.

Oh, baby...

what have you done to yourself?

Why do you want to hurt me this much?

I caressed his face with love and care in my eyes.

"Oh. Ms. Kiaraa!" I hurriedly changed my position and stood up there. Hope he didn't notice anything.

"Doctor, how is he?"

"He had fallen from the stairs and sprained his leg." The Doc said.

"Then why he's unconscious?"

"He's unconscious not because he fell from the stairs. I don't think he had a good mental health then.
He needs bed rest at least for 4 days for better healing." He paused for a moment.

"Madam who is he?" He asked.

"Ah? He's a friend. Just came to meet me after a few years."

"Well, I think your friend needs some counselling. He wasn't in good mental health. Something must be bothering him." He said.

"Okay doctor, I'll take care of him from here. Thank you." And he left.

Was it because of me? Am I the reason why you're unconscious like this?

No that can't be. Why he even bother about my life? There must be something else going on in his mind.

"Ahmh hm" It was him.
He slowly opened his eyes and looked around. His actions... It gave me flashbacks of that morning after the wild night...

Oh why I'm even here?

"Kiaraa?" Here he goes...

"What-" I cut him off.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Are you a baby to fall from stairs? You've been unconscious for  30 minutes with a sprained leg!!" I shouted at him.

Even my child knows how to walk on the stairs safely.

"Keep it down." He commanded..

And... I obeyed...

"How do you feel now" I asked.

"Feeling great when you're here after shouting at me like that few minutes ago."

Should I beat him with something or what?

"You hungry? What do you prefer to eat?"

"You." This time I didn't keep myself back from giving a punch on him.

"Did you just punch me?" He smirked.

"I didn't even feel it!" He laughed at me.

"Argh!!" I was mad at him. Was I?

No...

It was fun when he kept making jokes like that.

After a long time, I laughed with him, forgetting all the things he had done to me....
.
.
.

To be continued...