Eighth Month

By my eighth month, I was beyond ready to have our son out of me. We were all moved in, things were peaceful, Still no harassment or anything from the Hoff's. Jungkook had one dumb moment of dumb in which he forgot he needed to pick me up after my doctor's appointment. To be fair, he was swamped at the restaurant, so I didn't hold it against him. I ended up getting Sonjia to pick me up and we got smoothies and did a little shopping before I had her come see my new place. She started taking measurements and I knew she was still planning on throwing me a baby shower.

"Other than former husbands and their family... is there anyone you're against inviting?" Sonjia asked.

"Hmm... nope, I don't really have a no-go list. Then again, I'm not really close with that many people." I replied.

"Ah.. what about Jungkook's friends there?" She inquired.

"Which ones? Jimin? Tae? Those are a must invite." I said to her.

"No, the um.. The other two, his ex's? He's on good terms with them or something right?" She asked.

"Uh... I'll be honest, I have no idea. I don't think I'd mind... I mean, it might be a little weird, but even Jimin says they're good people." I explained to her.

"I can add them to the invite list then." Sonjia said as she quickly jotted it down in her notebook. I wasn't going to say they couldn't be invited. I know typically baby showers are for the 'mom' only, but there are people who make it about both parents. And with Jungkook really doing well.. I kind of wanted him to be involved in this, so I wanted to invite people he'd want to show up too.

"Do you think the guys would be good with doing a diaper changing challenge for a prize?" She asked.

"I think it would be entertaining for me to see it, and maybe the other few girls who might show up." I replied with a chuckle. Just thinking of how competitive Jin, Jungkook, Jimin, and Tae were... I think it would make for some prime entertainment.

"Then it's set. Alright, I have some massive shopping to get done if I'm going to pull this off.." Sonjia said as she gathered her things, getting ready to leave.

"You take care, and work from home, okay? I have more files to send you that need to be researched. This client wants recycled furniture so I need piece made of used material." She explained and I nodded.

"That seems to be a popular trend. I'll keep links to what I find for any future clients who want to go more eco friendly." I said to her.

"Good idea, it's a pain to have to keep looking these things up." She agreed. Soon I was by myself at home, the door locked, Jungkook texted five times in the span of 30 minutes to make sure I was okay and that the security alarm was set. I assured him it was set and I was resting. He let me be without text for another thirty minutes before Jimin called me.

"Let me guess..." I started to say and Jimin was already laughing.

"Let me in, your hubby demands it." he chuckled over the phone. I got up, put on my slippers and shuffle-waddled to the door. I turned off the alarm and unlocked the door, then let him in.

"You know... I don't know who's worse, you or...." I paused as Jimin swung a familiar bag in front of my face, side to side it swung lightly as he controlled it.

"But you were craving this earlier, right? And it's dinner time. Baby needs to eat right?" Jimin smirked and I grabbed the bag from him and squeaked.

"Tacos!" I shuffle-waddled back into the house and Jimin started laughing.

"Pregnancy cravings really are no joke." Jimin again teased.

"So what did Jungkook bribe you with to get you to come stay with me till he gets home?" I asked, knowing very well that Jimin had been tasked with babysitting me till Jungkook gets off work.