Amusement

Our time at the amusement park started out great. I thought I might be a debbie downer at a place like this, especially since I couldn't really enjoy the rides. Anything fast moving or jerking and with drops I couldn't do. There were a few slow-ride options that were fine. We took a lazy river float, just the two of us after we spent some time looking at the things being sold, and after a round on the merry-go-round. The Lazy river allowed us to talk more, and privately as there weren't many people with us. We opted to use the same tube. Jungkook got on, laying down and I laid beside him, He had his arm under me so we were almost cuddling side by side. He didn't push to get too close though.

"I can't believe you made a guy throw up on the tea cups. What kind of idiot can't handle the tea cups?" Jungkook laughed as I told him about the time I made a boy... who I eventually married, but I left that part out- throw up from making the tea cups spin too much. Andrew hated going on rides from that point on.

"He never wanted to ride anything after that. He was a bummer to go to these kinds of places with. He stuck to playing games, but only the ones he was sure he could win at." I explained.

"Wow... I hope you didn't date that dude after." Jungkook chuckled. I couldn't lie... and my bad habit of pretty much being honest got the best of me again.

"Nope... I married him, but we know how that turned out." I tried to laugh it off.

"Wait, seriously? Your ex was that much of a dud?" He asked.

"He had his good moments.... Had me believing a lot of things for a long time." I said, not really wanting to get too into it. Jungkook seemed to sense my desire to change the subject.

"Have you ever been sky diving?" He asked suddenly.

"What? I said I've only been on rides when I was younger.... And only amusement park rides... and you think I'd have gone sky diving?" I questioned with a chuckle of disbelief.

"Hey, I don't know. If you want to do something badly enough... you'll find a way to do it." He replied. I nodded a bit, agreeing.

"Nope. I wasn't allowed out much." I responded. Jungkook turned a little over, facing me more. The look of confusion on his face was cute... and a little unexpected.

"How does someone like you make such bad choices." He said softly, like he didn't fully want to be heard, but he also did want to be heard.

"I wouldn't call them bad choices. Well.... Okay maybe a few. But not all my choices are bad. I'm here with you, right?" I tried to tease. He nodded. We talked more about our pasts. Jungkook seemed to want more detail on what went wrong with Andrew. And a part of me might have wanted to tell him everything... all of it... but I couldn't bring myself to speak about it.
I got to know more about the things he'd done. But I still felt some things were missing. Getting a few DUI's and a fine for being indecent in public didn't seem like the real reasons people thought Jungkook was a total fuck up, as he claimed they all thought.

"Let's play some games." He said as we walked down the area where all the games were.

"I'm horrible at these... and they're all rigged anyway, right?" I said, sort of asking. He laughed.

"If they're all rigged then call me the breaker of riggs, baby." He smirked and walked up to the nearest game. It was a riffle game where you take the little toy riffle gun and have to shoot all the cups off in order to win a big prize, shoot 3 cups for the smallest prize, 5 cups for a normal small, 8 cups for medium prize and 12 cups for large... all 15 for the largest prize. Jungkook handed over some money and picked up the riffle. He aimed and started to shoot. The first shot he missed, the second he nudged a cup but didn't knock it off. I tried not to chuckle as I watched him.
He seemed so focused as he changed his stance and the next five shots he got 5 cups knocked off without a single fumble. The next three shots he nudged two cups but they didn't fall off. Jungkook changed his stance again and aimed. The last three shots he took, he knocked all three cups down.