𝙏𝙚𝙣. 𝘙𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦

I'd been lectured and lectured and lectured on iceing my ankle, keeping it elevated, putting the compression wraps around it from Steph. As much as I grew annoyed at her, I was grateful that she was there to nag at me because I know full well I wouldn't do a thing I was told to and start walking on my foot like nothings happened which I knew would only make it worse.

I was currently sat inside, waiting for Gary, the club's physiotherapist to come through so we could have our physio session. I personally didn't believe I needed physio sessions for a grade 2 sprain, but whenever I tried fighting against it, I got a stern look from not only Steph, but the whole team.

I scrolled through my phone, laughing at a few Instagram posts I saw when someone matched my phone out of my hand.

"Beth!" I snatch my phone back. "Do you need something?"

"Just wanted to come see my little Elena." She pinches my cheeks and I wack her hands away.

"I'm not little, Beth. I'm a year younger than you." I tell her as she flops down on the sofa next to me.

"I'm currently 26 and you are only 24." Beth argues.

"I'm 25 in a month, Beth." I push her shoulder and she acts like it hurts.

"Oh yes, the blossom is blooming."

"I really hate you, Beth."

"No, you love me." I shake my head at the girl. "You do, don't deny it."

"I will deny it forever." I cross my arms in a stubborn manor.

"Beth, stop bugging my patient." Gary says as he finally walks in.

"Ha, ha." I laugh at the girl while I push her off the sofa.

"See you later, Els." Beth waves goodbye at me and I wave back.

"Come on, get up." Gary says and I push myself up off the sofa with the help of the arm rest. I begin walking on if, trying to act like it's perfectly fine, but it had only been a week since my injury and I had minimum one more to go. "It hurts, doesn't it?" I hide my face as I nod, too embarassed at admitting it. "That's alright, you've still got recovery time and we're going to try our best to make it as little as possible so we can get you back on that pitch." He nods towards the window and I look out at it to see that the girls having fun with one another while training.

Arsenal was a good club with good players. They were like a family here. They had their good times, but they also had their serious times, they had times where they mixed it in with a perfect average. I still felt like I didn't fit in the equation. I was still getting used to the ropes of the club.

I could see Beth chasing the girls, trying to pull them into hugs to bug them as she did. I let out a small chuckle, wanting to be the one running away from her.

"As little as possible?" I repeat his words when I look back up at him.

"As little as possible."

My physio sessions didn't last as long as the team training sessions so, I spent my time on the sofa inside, watching the girls train. I could feel my eyes shutting, but jumped when someone smacked the window.

"Fuck you!" I put up my middle finger to Leah who laughs at me with Jordan and Jen beside her. I slide down the sofa and curl up, while I continue scrolling through my phone.

I hear a light knock on the door and look up. Caitlin stands in the doorway. "Hey." She smiles at me before walking forward. I don't reply as I just watch her walk in. "Okay, look," she starts, "you've been avoiding me, I know that." I look down at my hands in shame. "But you don't have to. Everyone has their vulnerable moments and what happened last week is completely normal. I'm not going to judge you or think of you any differently so, can we talk?"