𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯

Today was our first 21/22 WSL match against Chelsea on home grounds at the Emirates. The girls and I were more than excited to be able to play at the Emirates.

"Elena, pass me my shoes!" Beth yells as she storms towards me while I get changed.

"Back up, perv." I push her away while I pull my shirt over my head. "And I don't have your shoes."

"Yeah, you do." Beth steps closer to me as she tries reaching into my bag.

"I don't have them." I smack her arm away. "Why do you instantly think it's me though?"

"Because you're always doing stupid stuff like that!" Beth yells at me, though she had to look up at me which made it less scary. Beth's 5'4 whereas I'm 5'7, well I fit into the 5'6 box, but I'm on the taller end so I say 5'7.

"Excuse me!" I step closer to her as I look down into her eyes. "I do 'stupid stuff', but I didn't do it." I push Beth.

"Prove it." She pushes me back.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Katie comes over and pulls Beth away from me while Leah holds me so that I don't do anything stupid. "Break it up. Beth, we'll find your shoes. I don't think Elena has them."

"She doesn't." Leah says when she looks into my bag. "Although she does have other questionable things in here." I smack her arm and she backs up out of my bag. "Sit down." She tells me and I do, huffing while Beth gets escorted away by Katie to find her shoes.

Beth and I had a weird friendship where we'd have fights like those which seemed pretty real, but 2 minutes later we'd be back to annoying the team together. We could punch each other in the face and still act as if nothing's happened. It's good fun.

"Do you have her shoes?" Steph whispers to me as she slides closer to me.

"I put them behind the door." I whisper back to the girl with a small smirk. Steph shakes her head at me with a smile.

"Girls!" Kim calls us and everyone sits down and listens to what our skipper has to say. "I have the starting line up. Manu's in goal. Noelle, Leah, Jen and Katie are our back line, Lia, me and Frida are middle," I high-five Frida as she sits down at the cubby next to mine, "Beth, Viv and Mana."

After Kim sits back down, the changing rooms gets loud again with Katie and Beth still tryna find her shoes, Steph telling the blonde to calm down while she goes to help her and leads in the complete opposite direction of where the shows are, Leah's music and the light chatter.

I shuffled over to Caitlin who was sitting on her phone in a corner. I could tell she wasn't in the mood to talk, probably nervous about our fist game back and the fact it's against Chelsea, so instead I just sat beside her to keep her company while I watched the scene with Beth and her shoes unfold.

"My shoes!" She squeels as she sees them behind the doors and runs forward to pick them up. She hugs them close to her body and whispers sweet nothings to them which I raise an eyebrow to. "Guys, don't worry I found them!"

"No one was worried." I call and she puts up her middle finger at me as she goes to sit down to put them on.

I sat on the bench next to Steph, Keets, Simone, Anna and Lotte since we were subs. While Caitlin and the other girls who weren't put down to play today sat further down the bench. The whistle blew to start kick off and we watched the ball closely. I could tell it was a tough game already by how Chelsea kept the ball close to their feet, but luckily for us we had Katie McCabe, an irish defender who was not afraid to get a little physical to get the ball.

Once Katie had gotten the ball, she kicked it to Viv, who volleyed it in with no hesitation.

The girls and I cheered as we watched Viv get engulfed by hugs by the girls playing. Viv wasn't one to celebrate a goal so instead we celebrated for her.