Chapter 13

"Now, girl, spill it. What were you and the lord up to before I burst in here?" Evie asked with a teasing smirk, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

I chuckled, leaning back against the couch. "Well, let's just say it wasn't what you're thinking. We were talking... and things got a bit intense. I ended up confessing how I feel."

Evie's face lit up with excitement. "So, you're dating now?"

I smiled, feeling a mix of nerves and happiness. "Technically, we're engaged, but yeah, I guess you could say that. I know he might be a hot bloodsucker, but I'm a witch. We're both a little odd and different, so it works."

She laughed. "That's one way to put it! I never imagined you'd end up with a vampire, but you know what? I'm happy for you. but if he ends up hurting you I'll literally turn into Buffy the vampire slayer". Evie said

We continued chatting, bouncing from one random topic to another, feeling more relaxed now that we'd had a chance to catch up. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and it swung open as Lucy and Viktoria burst in.

"Ahh, there you girls are," Viktoria said with a smile as she walked over to sit on the couch across from us, Lucy following close behind.

"We were looking for you," Lucy added, settling in beside Viktoria. "We wanted to chat and make sure you're both prepared for tomorrow. It's a big day, after all."

"It's tomorrow?" I asked, surprised. Everything was happening so fast; I had just begun to really understand Sebastian, let alone come to terms with his true identity.

"Yes, it's tomorrow," Lucy replied with a grin. "Now, let's talk about your dress."

From there, the conversation took a light-hearted turn. We rambled on about their past weddings, the different traditions, and the entire process. It was strange to think that they had been through all this before and that now it was my turn.

As the conversation flowed, Viktoria's expression shifted to one of sincerity. "Clover, Evie, I'd like to apologize for how I've acted before. For the time you've both been here, I know I've been... kind of a bitch. So, I apologize for it."

I raised an eyebrow, a small smile playing on my lips. "You know, I forgive you. If we're technically going to be with each other for eternity, I suppose we should get along. Besides, I think we can handle a little 'vampire drama."

Viktoria chuckled, a hint of amusement in her eyes. "Well, thank you for that. I'm not used to saying sorry."

Lucy leaned in, her excitement palpable. "Oh, I think this is going to be fun! A fresh start for all of us. Who knew we'd end up bonding like this?"

As we continued chatting, I felt a sense of camaraderie forming. Despite the bizarre circumstances that had brought us together, there was a chance just maybe that we could make this work.

—————————————————————————

Later that day

Clover's POV

Later that day, after our conversation with the girls, the sun dipped below the horizon, and the night settled in. I returned to my room and threw myself onto the bed, my thoughts spiraling out of control. The hardest thing I'd have to do was looming over me—telling my mother.

*What would she think?* My heart raced, my breath quickening. My mother despised vampires with every fiber of her being, and now I was set to become one. Worse, I was falling in love with one. A tight knot formed in my chest, and I could almost hear her voice in my head, filled with anger and disappointment.

I hadn't had a breakdown in ages, but this...this was too much. Tears started streaming down my face, unbidden. My breath came in short gasps as the weight of everything bore down on me. I tried to control it, but my chest heaved, and soon I was hyperventilating. I felt the room closing in, my body shaking as silent sobs wracked me.

Sebastian's POV

I was in my room, still lost in thoughts about Clover—how her lips felt against mine, the softness of her touch, and the way she made me feel so alive after centuries of numbness. Confessing my feelings to her had been risky, but hearing her reciprocate—it had ignited something inside me that I thought was long dead.

Suddenly, my heightened senses picked up the sound of Clover's rapid, uneven breathing, and I could hear her soft cries through the walls. Alarm shot through me. Without a second thought, I sped to her room.

Opening the door without knocking, I saw her curled up on the bed, tears streaming down her face, her breaths coming in desperate gasps. Her whole body was trembling. "Clover," I said softly, crossing the room in an instant.

I sat down beside her and pulled her into my arms, trying to steady her. "Breathe with me," I whispered, my voice calm. I matched my breaths to hers, guiding her to slow down. "In...and out...nice and slow."

Gradually, her breathing steadied, and the trembling subsided. I could feel her heartbeat slowing against my chest. "It's okay, love. I'm here," I murmured, holding her close. I didn't let go, cradling her against me, feeling the need to protect her from everything, even her own fears.

"Sebastian..." she whispered, her voice shaky but softer now. "I don't know how to tell my mother. She hates vampires... She'll never accept this... us." Tears still glistened in her eyes as she spoke.

I cupped her face gently, wiping away the tears with my thumb. "We'll find a way, Clover. Together. Your mother may be strong, but she loves you. And if we have to convince her, we will. I won't let you face this alone."

I kissed her forehead softly, feeling her slowly relax in my arms. "It's going to be okay. I promise."

I didn't want to leave her alone tonight, not after seeing her like this. So, I lay down beside her, pulling her against me. She nestled into my chest, her breathing finally even. I held her close, my hand gently running through her hair, feeling a fierce determination to make everything right for her.

As the minutes ticked by in silence, I found myself whispering, "I'll always be here for you, my little witch."

And as the tension began to melt away, I felt her body finally relax fully against mine. The night felt calmer, safer, and as she drifted off to sleep, I stayed awake, thinking about her mother, about what lay ahead and about how I would do anything to keep Clover by my side.