[ 56 ]

[__________]
[_________________]
[__________]

T R O U V A I L L E

56

"We are like worker bees lost in a hive that's not theirs; that is, the matrix

"We are like worker bees lost in a hive that's not theirs; that is, the matrix."

???, Pacific Ocean
March, 2012

AGENT 17 grabbed a hostile by the throat, slamming them backwards into the wall before taking the hostile's light. It turned its head slightly when it saw a SHIELD agent pointing pistols at it. It released the hostile as he slumped to the ground, dead. Agent 17 moved away from the SHIELD agents and further towards the control room.

Gunshots echoed and Agent 17's wing flew up to protect itself from friendly fire. It tilted its head at the– Director Fury, frowning, before turning around and slashing her wings out towards the hostile. They choked on their own blood and Agent 17 took their light.

Another hostile came darting forward and Agent 17 huffed.

"ᛚᛖᚢᛖ."

Leave.

It spoke coldly.

The hostile stilled before his soul was torn out of his body.

Agent 17 turned its head to look at the Director, who was still holding a gun between his hands, pointing it at it. Agent 17 furrowed its brows. It did not know how to feel but it was confused– perplexed. Why was an agent on its side against it? Agent 17 turned its head back towards the hall where the hostiles had come from.

Suddenly an explosion occurred from the other side of the room, an arrow whizzing past Agent 17. It lifted its head to examine who had decided to shoot a bow and arrow from above. Agent 17 blinked a few times when it remembered the only person who ever used such weaponry.

Agent Barton.

But why would agent Barton be against. . .

Agent 17 caught Agent Barton's eye and they gazed at each other. She opened her mouth to speak– the agent darted away and out of the vent he was in. It stood there for some time, before glancing back at the Director.

Slowly, he lowered his weapon.

Agent 17 inclined its head before walking down the hall– permission granted.

It grabbed a weapon from a fallen agent, taking her gun and the blade hidden in her ankle. It was a shame that a non-hostile was dead, but that was only the most plausible outcome– they were weak after all, and not as efficient as Agent 17.

It turned the corner and pulled the trigger to its gun three times. Its eyes moved to the body before it walked past it, taking the hostile's weapons as she did. It continued down the hall until it realized there were no more hostiles in this section of the helicarrier.