Chapter 24- Something didn't feel right

Chapter 24 – Something didn’t feel right

******************

Detective Benson’s POV

**********************

“We have a match for the fingerprint.” I said.

Silence filled the other end of the phone, I grew worry for Rose; maybe this shouldn’t be discussed through the phone. I had let my emotions get the better of me and I informed her without me being present in person. I had to stop getting so emotional connected to this case.

“Who- Who is it?” Rose stuttered.

I took a deep breath; I had to be professional about this. I couldn’t let my emotions intersect with my work.

“I need you to come down to the station please.”

“Detective Benson, please don’t do this to me right now. Just tell me who it is.”

“I’m sorry but I can’t be giving out confidential information over the phone. I need you to come down to the station. How long will you take to arrive?”

“I’ll be there in thirty minutes.”

I hanged up the phone and reclined on my chair. I stared off into the board where I had all my information of Rose’s case.  There was a red circle around the name of the match for the fingerprint. I focused on my board, something was bothering me.

 Something didn’t feel right.

********************

Rose’s POV

********************

I didn’t care what I was wearing; I grabbed my phone and keys and ran down the stairs. I quickly wrote a letter to my parents that I was going to the police station. I posted it in the kitchen. I walked to the front door and slammed it open, I didn’t pay attention, and I bumped into someone in front of me.

I looked up and saw Max’s eyes staring down at me.

“Hey Rose”

“Hi, sorry but I’m in a hurry. Talk to you later?”

He chuckled. “Of course you’re in a hurry darling”

I took a step away from him. “I’m sorry, but I really need to go.”

“Whatever it is I’m sure it can wait, we have to talk first.”

“Max-“

“WE NEED TO TALK!” He took a deep breath and took a step back. “Sorry, I’m just a little anxious. This is important Rose; I need to talk to you now.”