Chapter 21: EARTHLAND

Previously on Kaiju Slayer...

Oswald Ackerman is not only the youngest active wizard at Fairy Tail, but as the Atomic Kaiju Slayer, is one of the most powerful. With the help of his friends and teammates, he takes on quests and saves the day.

So far, they've battled a demon in ice, a rival guild hired by a rich family, servants of the black wizard Zeref, and even another Kaiju Slayer like Oswald. But they're just getting started as new threats will rise up and Oswald plans to fight them with his fists.

The scene begins at the guildhall where Oswald was doing his usual workout routine and thinking over the events that've happened. It's been a couple weeks since the incident at Nirvana where they defeated the Oracion Seis and took in two new members to the guild. Wendy and Carla have been settling in nicely and already becoming members of his team.

He keeps going with his usual tricks and skills and with the others doing their own workouts.

Lucy: (stretching) Geez, I still can't get over on how much he's lifting. And he's only eight years old.

Gray: (weight lifting) You get used to it after a while. He definitely gives Elfman a run for his money.

Natsu: (tries lifting the same weight as Oswald but struggles) Yeah, well, he's not stronger than me!

Happy: Your struggling says otherwise.

Oswald then pulls off more ridiculousness as he starts spinning the iron around and spinning on his head at one point. Erza then begins pumping her own iron at his speed. Needless to say, the others were both shocked but not at the same time with both of them going at it.

Erza: Those are new tricks. Might wanna take it easy before you get sick.

Soon, he stops the workout and drinks some water.

Oswald: Ah! Nothing like a full workout routine in only 6 minutes. Let's go upstairs and get some breakfast.

They all soon head up and mingle with the others and met with Wendy and Carla. Everyone was chilling when Warren and Max suddenly burst into the guild's entrance.

Both: BIG NEWS!

All the sudden, bells begin ringing all over the town.

Lucy: What's up?

Wendy and Carla: Sounds like bells.

Natsu: I bet I know why they're ringing.

Happy: Aye!

Elfman: Yeah!

Gray: That's awesome.

Oswald: Pops is back.

Natsu: You got it! Old Gildarts is coming home!

Happy: Oh yeah!

Everyone but the newer members of the guild jump up in excitement and look as though it was a homecoming.

Lucy: Gildarts? (Thinks a bit) Wait, aren't they one of the people who helped trained Oswald?

Mirajane: Not only that. He's the strongest wizard in Fairy Tail.

Lucy: Whoa! Are you serious? I thought Erza was top dog around here.

Erza: All modesty aside, I don't even hold a candle to him.

Lucy: I'll bet that this guy must be the king of breaking stuff then.

The cheering increases. Mira explains that he's been gone for three years as he left when Oswald arrived and had at least started on his training. Reason being was he took on a job known as a Century Quest, which makes jobs from S-Class look child's play in comparison.