Chapter 39: CALM BEFORE THE STORM

The scene starts back at Fairy Tail's base camp. With the battles finally over, everyone finally had a chance to patch up their wounds. Thankfully, no one's injuries were fatal, but they'll have to pay a visit to the hospital to get them all properly checked out when they get back.

Gildarts: (to Laxus) So let me get this straight; You screwed up so badly you got expelled by your grandpa?! And even got your ass handed to ya by our youngest wizard?! Man, you're so lame!

Laxus: (annoyed) Well, I ain't half as lame as you are!

Cana was shocked to see him here as she wasn't expecting him back. Lucy just laughs and soon she joins in.

Natsu: There you are, Gildarts! Come and fight me—

*WHAM!*

Without even looking or getting up, Gildarts hammerfists Natsu to the ground, knocking him out instantly.

Gildarts: You need your rest, kid.

Laxus: He's out, now.

Soon enough, people were forming a single line for Wendy to heal them. Wendy didn't mind, so long as she didn't overdo it. Erza then steps up in a nurse's outfit as she for some reason wants to make this a competition. Most of the idiots immediately went to her and Wendy felt betrayed.

Levy: Aw, come on, Wendy, look at the bright side, at least you get to take a little break for a while, right?

Wendy: (dishearten) Is it because she has bigger boobs than I do?

Levy felt personally attacked by that, but looked over to see the idiots get tangled up in Erza's bandages as it looked more like she was torturing them than healing them.

Erza: It would appear that tying bandages is much more difficult than one might think.

Gray and Gajeel: Ow! Are you trying to kill us?!

Juvia: I'm in shock! I can't believe I've been begging Gray to punish me and he's the one who likes to be punished! I'm such an idiot!

Levy: (annoyed, angered) Gajeel!

Pantherlily: All of a sudden it feels as though our battle against Grimoire Heart was in the distant past.

Carla: (so done with them) I'm afraid that it always ends this way.

Happy: Yup, that's just how things work in Fairy Tail!

Makarov just smiles at their rambunctious nature while Mirajane brings up a topic for them.

Mirajane: Master, what should we do about the S-Class trial?

Makarov: Ah, good question! I think we should head back to the guild to clear our heads a little before we pick back up again. (Looks around) Where's Oswald?

Mirajane: He's resting now. All that fighting and crying really took a lot out of him.

She clenches her hands, and Makarov could feel an angered aura radiating off her. Gray had told them what happened when he and Oswald fought Ultear and after he calmed down a little, Oswald told him his side of the story. Needless to say, Erza and Mirajane were especially contemplating murder when they heard Ultear disowning Oswald.

Mirajane: When I find that bitch, I'll make her pay for making my baby cry.

Makarov: (nervous) Now, now, Mira, no need to get yourself worked up now. (Serious) While I agree that Ultear's actions won't be forgiven, there must've been a reason she had done that. In the time I've known her, she showed happiness whenever she was with Oswald. I feel there is more going on. We'll find her and get to the bottom of this. Until then, we all must be there for Oswald.