Chapter 37: SHOCKING SAVIOR

We pick up the scene where we left off as Laxus had entered the fight.

Gray: It's Laxus...

Lucy: I never thought I'd be happy to see him.

Wendy: Isn't he the master's grandson?

Erza: ...

Oswald: He's really here...

Hades recovers from the headbutt and looks stunned by Laxus's presence here.

Hades: I see. So you're a blood relative of Makarov.

Laxus: Tch. How pathetic. You guys got beat so bad you look like a bunch of tattered rags.

Natsu: (smiles) No joke!

Erza: What are you doing here, Laxus?

Laxus: I came to pay my respects to the first guild master. I used to be a member of Fairy Tail too, y'know.

Erza smiles as that clearly wasn't the only reason.

Laxus: I was just planning to stop by Mavis' grave, so this is a big surprise. I certainly didn't expect to run into the second guild master. I've got an idea, since you're already here, (lightning crackles off body) how about I dig a grave for you, too?

Hades: My, what a shame. (Emits dark aura) To think poor Makarov would be burdened by such a pretentious grandson.

Oswald's Thoughts: Their manas are really strong. I just hope Laxus is strong enough to win this.

They break off the aura, and Laxus takes off in a bolt of lightning. He moved so fast, Hades is caught off guard as he's struck multiple times.

Hades: Good. I'm impressed with your magic power. Not to mention your courage. I didn't realize the boy had more than one pawn of Gildarts' caliber. Even the Kaiju Slayer failed to impress me.

Laxus: Tch. The kid's just exhausted. You'll be eating those words later. And this reminds me of something the geezer used to say: "Whenever you face a tough enemy it doesn't matter how strong they are. Standing up to them is what's most important." Ain't that right, Oswald and Natsu?

Natsu: Yeah, you bet.

Oswald: You tell him!

Hades: Utter nonsense. That's nothing more than a weakling's excuse. Think you're strong enough to face me? Then let's see what you've got!

Laxus: (cracks his knuckles) If you insist.

*TENROU*

Meanwhile, back on the island, the other Fairies were setting up the defenses while finishing patching up their wounds. Bickslow had finished getting rid of one of the Seven Kin on a raft down the river when they got attacked by other fighters from Grimoire Heart. As they rush in to fight, something suddenly lands right in front of them.

Levy: Now what?!

Bickslow: Who's this guy?!

The dust clears and they see it's someone holding Juvia and turns to the others.

???: She requires medical attention.

Freed: (shocked) No way!

Even the kin were surprised by his appearance.

Yomazu: He's still alive?!

Kawazu: But what's he doing with the enemy?!

Kain: I don't know, but it's really making me—

He's silenced by the person shooting him right in the face. Everyone's surprised by the action and the person steps forward while unleashing a powerful aura. To the fairies, this feels extremely familiar.