Chapter 35: SINS OF A MOTHER

*BOOM!*

The scene picks up with Oswald and Gray fighting Ultear. Her and Oswald clash while locking attacks.

Meredy: No, Ultear!

Ultear: Don't worry about me! I want you to hurry and take Zeref to the escape point! Contact Kiryu and order him to meet you there!

Meredy: Right!

Gray: Hey, Juvia! Time to wake up!

Shockingly, it works and she's wide awake with hearts in her eyes.

Juvia: It's my beloved Gray! Ah, waking to the gentle whispers of my love's voice. I can't think of a better way to start my morning.

Gray: Snap out of it! (Points to Meredy retreating) You've gotta go after her, Juvia! Don't let her get away with Zeref! Os and I will handle Ultear.

She agrees and was about to leave when she left excruciating pain in her left leg.

Gray: Are you hurt?

Juvia: Yes, but I can handle it! I'll do anything for my beloved! A little pain isn't going to stop me!

Looking over, Meredy is freaked out when Juvia starts crawling after her like a demon possessed. She starts running faster.

Gray: (slightly disturbed) And I thought Oswald was the only one to pull off freaky stuff like that.

He looks back and is kicked by Ultear and she fires multiple crystal balls at him. She then dodges from Oswald's attacks as he tries to understand her.

Oswald SKM: What was all of that for then?! If you didn't care, why did you bring me to Fairy Tail?!

Ultear: Sublimation!

Her magic then dissipates Oswald's attacks and even Gray's ice while she chuckles.

Ultear: It's impossible to beat me. I know everything about your magic, Oswald. I know your limits and your abilities, and right now, I can really you've used Super Kaiju Mode already. Using it a second time in a short period is very taxing on your body.

Oswald's Thoughts: She's right. This hurts more than last time. But I won't back down. I have to stop her.

He jumps up.

Oswald SKM: Atomic Kaiju Fullbuster-Lockser Smash!

He hits dozens of her orbs while Gray fires more ice attacks. However, they get destroyed and Ultear stands her ground.

Ultear: Your attacks are useless, Gray. I've mastered Arc of Time for the sole purpose to kill a Maker Wizard. My mother... My entire life I've wanted nothing more than to kill her. In fact, that was another reason I sent you to Galuna, Oswald. I knew your Kaiju Slaying Magic could destroy the Iced Shell.

Both boys are shocked and Gray becomes more enraged.

Gray: You're sick. You'd kill your own mother, and even force your own son to do that?!

*FLASHBACK*

When he was younger, he remembers one night seeing Ur in her room where she found girl's clothing. It was her daughter's, but since she believed she was gone, Ur was crying while hugging the dress close to her. Gray didn't say anything but watched in silence.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Oswald SKM: Gray, watch out!

Gray snaps out of the memory and was hit with a bombardment of crystal balls.