Chapter 40: LET'S HOLD HANDS (End of No. 2)

The scene picks up with everyone regrouping at the camp. Everyone was on edge as they were uncertain of what the sound was. It was quiet at first, but then it exploded as a deafening roar.

Evergreen: What is that?!

Oswald: It's as loud as my screams.

Wendy: That's definitely a dragon's roar!

They all look up, and from the sky, saw something descending down and roaring. Coming into clear, it was in fact a dragon with scales that were pitch black like the night sky, blue markings around its body, a pitch-fork tail, and released a roar so great, it rattled everything on the island.

 Coming into clear, it was in fact a dragon with scales that were pitch black like the night sky, blue markings around its body, a pitch-fork tail, and released a roar so great, it rattled everything on the island

The Black Dragon of the Apocalypse: Acnologia.

Gray: Holy crap!

Gajeel: You've gotta be kidding me!

Wendy: I don't think it's a friendly one!

Natsu: I knew it. I was right all along. They still exist.

Oswald: This mana is more powerful than anything I've fought before. It's as strong as a Kaiju's. Who is that?

Makarov: I'm afraid that's Acnologia. The black dragon of the apocalypse.

Gildarts: Yeah... It's definitely him.

Lucy: That sounds bad. What the heck are we gonna do?

Natsu: Hey, dragon! You know where I can find Igneel? Tell me! Grandina and Metallicana, too!

Gildarts: (grabs his shoulders) Stop it, Natsu! You don't wanna provoke him! Did you forget what happened to me? How I lost my arm and my leg? Hell! I'm lucky I didn't lose my life that day!

Natsu didn't admit it but he had a point as he thought back to when Gildarts showed him his injuries. This dragon was the reason he didn't finish his last job.

Acnologia roars again and begins to fly down.

Freed: It's coming down!

Happy: I don't think this is the same kind of dragon that raised Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy! This one seems evil!

It lands on the ground and everyone felt the strong force of wind it created.

Gildarts: You're certainly right about that! It's the most evil thing there is!

Natsu: So are we gonna fight it, or what?

Gildarts: We can't, Natsu. You don't understand the situation. It's not about winning or losing a fight. This is about getting away with our lives. And I'm not sure that all of us are even gonna be lucky enough to do that.

The dragon raises its claw and strikes the ground. Natsu looks back in shock.

Natsu: Whaddaya mean? Are you trying to say this thing's gonna kill some of us?