Chapter 32: AN UNSETTLING REUNION

The scene switches back to Oswald's group as Wendy and the cats finally found them. After tending to Makarov's injuries as best as they could, Wendy works to heal Natsu's scarf as it was preventing him from being healed.

Carla: Does anyone know what could've tainted his scarf in the first place?

Happy: This creepy guy that we ran into was the one that did it.

Oswald: I met him when I came here looking for you guys.

Makarov: Why did you come here, child? You know you're not supposed to be here until you're older.

Oswald: I got a bad feeling from that Mest guy, especially when everyone was acting like they know him but I never met him. I followed you guys here and then everything started going crazy. I couldn't leave, especially now with everything going on.

Pantherlily: Grimoire Heart is here looking for someone. Do you think this man you met— could he be Zeref?

Oswald: Zeref the wizard? But, shouldn't he be dead? Erza said he was around a really long time ago.

Makarov: I'm afraid, Oswald, that there's some magics simply too strong to die so easily.

*ULTEAR*

Back with Ultear, she was standing in front of Zeref and regains her excited expression despite him glaring at her with hate.

Ultear's Thoughts: It's him. After all these years, Zeref is standing right before my very eyes. I can't believe it.

Zeref: You people have come here because you desperately seek my power.

Ultear: (kneels) It is your entire existence we seek, Lord Zeref.

Zeref: (after a long pause) I won't involve myself in mankind's affairs. Not for the remainder of this current era. I have no desire to see people wage war and die. I order you to stop your attack on this island and leave at once!

Ultear was shocked by that command as that's against his very ideals as the black wizard.

Ultear's Thoughts: This can't be right. War and death do not interest him? It's like if Oswald suddenly no longer desired working out or having sweets. He seems conscious, but perhaps he's not yet aware. Is this truly him? Is this what they call his state of rest?

Zeref: Your presence... has made me angry.

Ultear then begins to feel his gaze as it was of anger. Then, he readies a magic attack that she barely dodged as it destroyed the stones it touched. She then realizes she had no choice but to fight.

Ultear: Lost Magic Forward Arc of Time!

Her spell collides with his and barely destroys his attack. She then traps Zeref in roots, but he soon feels his uncontrollable death magic spreading and it nearly hits her until she sucks it away in her sphere. Both were exhausted from the power but Ultear rapidly recovers.

Ultear: Arc of Time!

The sphere is restored and she goes to attack.

Zeref: Please tell me who you are!

Ultear: Luminous Minutes!

The sphere splits into multiple projectiles and strike Zeref multiple times until he falls down.

Ultear: Although your full power may be the stuff of legends, now, this pitiful state you're in is simply no match for me. You're nothing compared to Oswald and Kiryu's power. Don't you dare to underestimate the leader of the Seven Kin! But Lord Zeref, do not worry. For now we possess all the keys necessary to awaken you.