Chapter 28: KIRYU

The scene starts with Oswald waking up and finding himself back with the others and the sky raining like before.

Oswald: Guys?

Natsu: Hey, glad you're awake, buddy. Check it out!

Looking over, they see Magnolia was back to normal once again with no signs of damage done to it.

Oswald: We're back home? And it's all back to normal?

Lucy: Yep! We did it!

Erza: Hold on. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We shouldn't celebrate until we know everybody's okay.

???: They're just fine.

Looking up, they see all the Exceeds flying around.

Exceed: We got here a while ago, so we went and checked on 'em for you.

Exceed 2: We decided to fly through town real quick. Your friends and everyone in town are doing great.

Oswald: Oh, that's nice of you. Thank you.

Lucy, Natsu, and Happy were all shocked at seeing the flying cats here.

Exceed 3: When we talked to them, they didn't even know they'd been turned into a lacrima.

Exceed 4: Earthland is totally awesome, you guys. It's got tons of magic power.

Now Gray, Wendy, and Gajeel were shocked by seeing them.

Carla: What are they doing here? It's not right! The Exceeds don't belong in Earthland! We cannot allow them to stay here. They're far too dangerous. They should return to Edolas.

Oswald: Huh? Why?

The cats soon flew down and Chagot stepped forward.

Happy: Be nice.

Wendy: Their homeland's gone and they have no where to go. I think that we should forgive them.

Carla: Never!

The Exceeds apologized for their behavior and said they'd be better, but Carla reveals her anger was to the Queen for making her believe she was sent here to kill Wendy. Then, an older Exceed named Lucky appeared and said that the Queen had ordered them to give up the eggs, and a couple others agreed. The council explained that it was due to an event 6 years ago when Chagot had a premonition about the future.

She saw that Extalia will fall when all the magic power was exhausted in Edolas. At the time, they believed the humans would destroy them, and knew they couldn't win in a war against them, especially with the Crystal King. So, Chagot decided to save the children by sending them to Earthland, and to prevent panic among the Extalians, the issued a false proclamation that they're sending them to slay the dragon slayers.

They apologized for putting the blame on them, but the group understood the situation. Chagot then revealed that she didn't expect Carla to have developed any powers. The reason why is because she has the same powers as the Queen. Since she didn't have conscious control over it, it clouded and confused her memory. And she was the only one with that power over the eggs they sent away. That's why she felt it was a mission to hurt Wendy.

Carla was in shock by the information, and the queen apologized again not only to her, but even the families she had taken the eggs from. Many of the adults forgave her, and decided to fly off and search for the rest of the missing children they sent here. Carla, reluctantly, forgives Chagot and asks why she is the only one who has the gift. The others tried to dodge the question and then Oswald asks another for them.

Oswald: Are you two related in some way?

Happy: They do look a lot alike, and they act the same way.

Lucky: I never noticed that.